chapter 9 - bucket list

Words: 1689
Status: Edited

---

Emily's point of view

"Let's buy alcohol." Harry says suddenly after our seventh episode of The Originals. We are addicted to that show now, since it's the only thing we did when we got home. I still have to go shopping though... Luckily, Harry cleaned my nose and said it's nothing bad. Just a small bruise. I have a small headache but nothing serious.

"I'm not legal yet." I giggle and he shrugs and stands up.

"Doesn't matter, I'll buy it. Let's go."

"I have school tomorrow, I can't get drunk." I remind him. The truth is, I've never drank any alcohol. So I'm a bit scared to get drunk, especially around Harry. What if I blurt something out?

"Then you'll ditch?" He suggests and I let out a laugh.

"I thought you were suppose to help me?"

"True. Let's make a bucket list." He says excited and sits back down on my bed. Yes, we were lying on my bed. No, we didn't do anything.

"A what?" I laugh. What is he planning?

"A bucket list! Do you have a pen and paper?" He asks and I nod. I get up and grab some random paper and a pen, giving it to Harry and sit back down.

"So, what do you want to do in your life?" He asks and I shrug.

"Like a lot."

"Tell me, start with something simple." He smiles and I think.

"I've never explored London like tourists do."

"Me neither." He laughs and writes it down. He looks up and raises his eyebrows.

"Go to a concert." I giggle and he pouts.

"You've already been to one."

"I know, but you weren't next to me." I tell him, surprising myself but he doesn't notice my red cheeks and nods.

"True true."

"You know what, write it down yourself. That's a lot easier." Harry tells me and I nod, writing down.

Bucket list

• Explore London
• Go to a concert with my best friend
• Get a tattoo
• Go play soccer with all my friends
• Go to a fashion week
• Go to a art gallery
Coachella
Disneyland

"That's nice." Harry smiles after he read the list. He stands up, grabbing some tape and tapes it to my wall.

"Some are just impossible." I sigh and criss-cross my legs. He turns to face me and frowns.

"Why's that?"

"Because I don't have enough money and I'm only seventeen." I tell him and he sits down.

"Well, you only have to be twenty one to go to Coachella and eighteen to get a tattoo." He says. That's true.

"But Disney is expensive."

"True, but I'm here too." He winks.

"Oh no, you're not going to pay."

He sighs and looks at the list, I scratch Disney and Coachella away.

"What else do you want to do but you think you're too young and poor?"

"Go to Amsterdam." I say silently. I really want to visit Amsterdam. It's that my aunt lives there now and we sometime FaceTime. She teaches me Dutch, which is so difficult.