Chapter 68

Evan.

She stands on top of the podium, the mic in front of her mouth as she steadies herself. I know Azaleas, she hates things like this more than anything. Another fact is that there is way too many people in here, waiting for her to do any wrong move. That is why she has to watch what she is doing, what she is saying and what she's moving like.

She clears her throat. "I'm happy to announce that I am the new CEO of the company Deep Red." She says, then she looks at the paper she wrote then she looks back at the audience. "Most of you know that, Kano Sakuno, My uncle was the CEO. I took his place since I've seen he is not fit to rule over the company.

"I will continue to work as the company's most efficient worker. As for the partnership with the Ray company, I have come to an agreement with the CEO, Andre Ravens, and the successor," she looks at me and a smile slips free from her mouth. She's so adorable. "Evan Ravens."

She clears her throat, again. "We will be also announcing another making of a product with the company Ray, as it made an advantage to both companies.

"You may ask questions." Azaleas looks at me but she turns her attention to the public.

"What is your relationship with Evan Ravens?" Someone asks, little drama seekers. I expect her not to answer the question, though it would be nice for her to say it.

"Evan Ravens.." she makes eye-contact with me and she smiles, I can hear silent gasps in the crowd because supposedly she doesn't smile. "Is my fiancé." She says, proudly and confidently. 

My eyes widen. She admitted it in front of everyone, she knows the consequences to it, but she still said it. And it made my heart flutter and made butterflies swim in my stomach.

The gasps of the crowd disappear when our eyes connect again. Her eyes lighting with undeniable joy, happiness. Something Azaleas never had but discovered with me. And I can't say how much I love that. I can only see and hear her.

"Please welcome to the stage. My future husband, Evan Ravens." She says with a beaming smile, it shines so brightly, brighter than the stars of the cosmos.

I stand up, my own mouth betraying me and a smile splashing on my face. I steady my self and I button my blouse. I start walking to the podium, my head held up high.

Azaleas makes space for me next to her.

"Uh- hello. I did not expect this to happen." I laugh nervously, feeling her gaze on me. "Well, I do not have anything ready to say. But all I want to say is Azaleas is the most beautiful woman and person I've ever met.

"Let me give a word of advice to everyone here. If you can't find a piece of yourself, it's hiding in someone. We humans need love in our lives, and I found my one. I hope all of you find yours as well. Thank you." I bow my head slightly as Azaleas takes my hand beneath the audience's sight.

"Okay, that is it everyone." Azaleas ends the press conference with just that. Her hands interlacing and tightening around mine.

We both walk out of the stage, getting behind the curtains desperate for privacy.

"Well that was unexpected, Angel." I say as I tuck a strand of her hair gently behind her ear.

"I'm glad to call you my future husband. It's an honor." She nudges my shoulder playfully. Her eyes lighting with invisible colors.

"It's an honor to call you my future wife also." I take her hand and I kiss it whilst making eye-contact with her

"Well, since now I'm officially CEO. Let's celebrate." She says as she tried to walk away, I grab her wrist before and I turn her to me and she lets out a squeal.

"You forgot something." I say teasingly and she smiles widely. Her smile only makes my heart jump high in the sky and return to my body, refreshed and clean. If she would kill me, I wouldn't mind a bit. I would let her, I would lead her hand to kill me if that's what she wants, if that's what would make her happy.

"Can you remind me what I've forgotten, Evan?" She says, her tone seductive as she looks up at me with her beautiful ying-yang eyes. How can someone be so drop dead beautiful?

I pull her by her waist and I catch her lips in a deep kiss. I'm so happy that I could die, I have never been this happy with anyone. She was the one piece I needed so I can be completed, so my happiness would be forever. She's everything I want and need. She's mine. 

If she were to die, I would die with her. If she were to leave the country and live in the woods, I'll build her house and live with her. If she were to want me to leave everything behind and be with her, I'll do just that.

I would do anything--even if it's unimaginable-- to be with her. To hold her hand, to be wrapped around her arms, to feel safe, to feel everything I feel when I'm with her.

She's perfect.