Chapter 52

Evan.

3 months later...

This past two months were the meaning of pain. I hated every part of it. I drowned myself in work. I killed more people than I usually kill. All of it to forget about the pain. But it just keeps getting more and more. Unshed tears behind my eyes are being stopped every time they try to escape.

I hope everyday will de different from the other and somehow Azaleas will wake up. They still don't know when she'll wake up.

I've been visiting her everyday since the incident. Everytime her hand got warmer or maybe it was my imagination. But I really hope she wakes up. Even if you already lost hope? Shut up.

Plus, Sarah was really bad at her job. She cost us a million last time she did something. She's not as smart as Azaleas in any way. I'm sure people noticed.

I still can't get myself to smile, whenever someone talks to me. They meet a scowl. Azaleas doesn't leave my head at all. She's always there. In my mind every day. I love her so much, maybe even more than I used too.

My mafia men helped the victims of sex trafficking. We cleared almost every single warehouse, or house that has any victims. Almost. Without the help of Azaleas's hacking, we try our best to find them.

In this month, I killed a good 507. New record too. My last record was about  214.

It's all for Azaleas. Not for myself, not for anyone else. Sure it's Sarah is a pain in my ass and keeps touching me. But this is a test for myself.

"Hey!" Sarah says with a wide smirk does she even know what giving up is?

I don't lift my head from my computer. I keep writing and ignored her.

"Come on! Let's get coffee." She gets in front of my computer screen and all I want is to smash her head across it.

"I'm working." I say in a sharp voice and it makes her flinch. Just what I wanted.

"You're no fun!" She pouts and got out of the way.

"Sale pute¹." I cuss her in French. Knowing damn well she doesn't understand.

"What?" The look of confusion on her face shows me everything I need to know. Azaleas is one hundred percent better than this stupid creature.

"I just called you cute in french." I lie.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much. So can we go for coffee now?" She says in a happy tone. Did she really believe that lie? She's stupid. If I wasn't sure before, I'm sure now.

"No." The stock market is literally going to kill me any day now.

She finally shuts up and went back to her office. Thank god they didn't give her Azaleas's office because I could've killed them for that. Instead I took it because I knew Kano was going to give it to Sarah. And I can't let her have Azaleas's office.

I found interesting things, like for example. A dildo. I wonder what a dildo is doing in Azaleas's office. It's either Olivia, or her. Oh how much I miss her.

I also found some little piece of papers, some talked about me, some talked about how much she hated wanting me. Some talked about us.

I love her and I always will. There is no moving on from someone as beautiful and intelligent as Azaleas. I love her with my heart and soul.

Even if the universes collided. I would still love her. Every single part of her.

What would I do if she came back? I would hold her in my arms and never let her go. I would kiss her until I'm unconscious. I would love her even if she gets tired of me. I would give her the last piece of me and I would not regret it. Not in the past nor the present not the future.

"Evan!" Kano says as he enters, without knocking. Oh how much I hate that.

"Yes?" I lift my head from my computer screen.

"I have a proposal." He sits in the chair on the left. "You know... Sarah still likes you, and I thought it would be a good idea to date her." He says with a smile.

"If they ask you to choose between Sarah and Azaleas, which one would you choose?" I ask, ignoring his not so clever proposal.

"I would choose my biological daughter of course. Sarah." He says, no guilt in his voice.

"Of course you would." I lean back on my chair.

"I mean. Azaleas is a gangster, no matter how good she was. She used to kill people for fun. Obviously I'm going to choose my sane daughter."

Gangster? Fun? Fuck that. He doesn't know anything about my Azaleas.

"About the proposal. No. I can't accept it." I say, an icy stare displayed on my face.

"Are you still hung up on Azaleas? Come on, she's dead for sure. Im not happy about it, but you have to accept it."

I will not and I choose not too. "No, this isn't about Azaleas. I don't want anything to do with Sarah. Work, sure. A relationship?" I scoff. "Absolutely not."

"It's your life. But Sarah is surely a much better choice than Azaleas." He finally gets up and he flashes a smile, he leaves the room and I almost send my keyboard flying. Then I remember it's Azaleas's. Not mine.

Ah fuck. This place still smells like her flowery smell. I wanted to know why she loves flowers so much, I'm sure it's because of her mother. But her mother didn't have a garden or anything. Okay I'm really distracted I need to focus.

My phone rings I see the id caller. It's Yura.

I answer.

"Come to the location I sent you, send your men here too. We're saving people." She says, her tone a bit sad but she's getting better. Everyone is getting better and everyone is moving on. Except for me. I won't ever give up on Azaleas. Zettai ni².