Chapter 19

Evan.

I guess it worked well whatever I did, because she isn't as scary as she was, she looks like she would normally, a bit scary and intimidating.

Employees are relaxed now, Kano is relaxed, everyone is relaxed.

And it's time for me to finish whatever work I have today.

And there's a sniper on top of the building facing 'Deep Red', and it's aiming on me for fuck's sake.

My phone rings, I answer.

"Fuck!" I hear Jay say. "Someone is around you now about to shoot your ass. Hide."

"I noticed, the sniper is on top of the building in front of me. The weapon is in my ca-" a silenced gunshot cuts me off, it has a silencer for a reason but I hear it anyways because I wouldn't be a mafia leader if I didn't. But I'm not dead either.

I turn around and it's just Azaleas.

"Zero. A body in front of the 'Deep Red' company, it's urgent. one." I hear her say from a distance.

"What was that?" I ask her and I get closer.

"There was a sniper in that building there." She points to the building in front of us, and yes there was a sniper.

"And you got him from here?"

"My aim is perfect." She gives me a little smile as I see a car pull up, a guy and a girl. The first was the one pulling the body out of the small warehouse when I discovered what Azaleas does. "They're here to take the body, don't worry about it." She answers the confused look on my face.

"Thank you either way, Jay just informed me about it." I show her my phone and it's an on-going call with Jay. Who is probably too stunned to speak.

"Watch your back, mafia leader." She throws my car keys in my way and I catch them, I was wondering why she would get out. I had forgotten my keys inside.

This woman is getting hotter and sexier everyday and I'm here for it, every second of it. And so is your dick that is getting no action.

Because of a certain person that is holding my mind hostage.

Time for some real research.

I take my phone and call Dylan, the guy who takes care of hacking for us.

"Hello, boss. Is there anything I can help with?" He answers at the second ring.

"Ah yes. If you could get me informations about Azaleas Sakuno. All that you can find."

"Yes, sir. I'll do the best I can." He says and I hang up.

Since she did a research on me, it's fair I do a research on her. Right?

"How's the new product going?" My mom asks as we eat dinner, on my right is Alissa my little sister, and on my left is my little brother Finn, in front of me is my mother Amelia next to her is Andre, as you know, my dad.

"It's going great, partly because of Azaleas." I admit.

"Ooh. You always talk about you hate her, never about how good she's doing." Alissa, an eighteen years old girl that always says. 'You and Azaleas are going to be like the enemies to lovers trope.' maybe enemies to friends, but lovers? That's out of question. She doesn't have pale blond hair like the rest of us, she has brown caramel hair like my mother, and deep gray eyes.

"I agree with Ali for once." Finn says from next to me, he's seventeen, close to Aaron in age. He has dirty blond hair, and hazel eyes like my mother.

"You're supposed to be on my side!" I turn to him. Then I turn to Ali. "I know those ideas you're getting. There is no way we're going to be enemies to lovers like your books." I lean over and whisper in her ear. "You know, I might tell Mom and Dad what you're reading."

"Don't you dare." She whispers back then adds. "Denial is the first stage, dear brother." She pats my back and took a bite out of her food with a teasing smile.

"Seems like you're getting along well with Azaleas." Mom comments.

"Yes, I am." I nod.

"Don't trust her too much. People in my company say she's the devil himself." She says. No, mom. She's the angel herself.

"Ill be the judge of that." I say back, she's more an angel than a devil. At least I'm my opinion she is.

"I'm just saying, I'm sure she's just like her father. He's a-"

"Mom. Stop." I say, warning in my voice.

"What? I didn't say anything wrong." She shrugs.

"Amelia." My dad says in his im in the control here voice.

She continues her plate in silence.

"Do you guys want to play board games when we finish?" I turn to Finn and Ali.

"Yes!" Ali says I'm excitement.

"I'm down."  Finn smiles.

"I'll join you guys." Dad says, his tone sweeter.

"I'll pass." Mom says as she gets up. "I have something to do."

"Alright, lets play Monopoly." I get up as Ali and Finn go to the other living room, sitting on the couch waiting for us.

I turn to mom. "I don't want Finn and Ali to be scared of Azaleas, mom."

"But they should be, her father is a killer that got away with his crime."

"But did she help him?" I ask her.

She stays silent.

"Exactly." I bring Monopoly to the table and set it up.

My mother is full of shit sometimes, and plus she never passes playing board games, what could be so important that she would miss this?

Whatever it is, I don't think it's good news. And from the look my father is giving her. He's thinking the exact same thing I am thinking, I hope he doesn't do anything Infront of Finn and Ali.

"Be home early." He narrows his eyes.

"Sure." She takes her purse and puts it on her shoulder then leaves.

It's getting worse and worse from each passing day.