Chapter 23

Evan.

"Azaleas? What are you doing here?" I hear Ali's voice speak up.

"I had a meeting here and I wanted to come here, you know?" If Azaleas is flustered about what happened minutes ago, she doesn't show it.

"Your hair is a mess." Ali comments. You can thank me for that, Ali!

"I was sleeping here, after my meeting I was tired." Azaleas sighs, making her look tired. I'm going to have to give her an Oscar for the acting.

"Well.. I wanted to start a new book." I hear Ali's step around the library. "I heard my brother was here." She's onto us.

"Yes, we met with one of the investors. I don't know where he is now." I can feel Azaleas shrugging.

"I hear people whispering that you both went inside the library and disappeared." I'm now even more sure that she's onto us.

"You know I don't let everyone inside this place. Only people I trust and..." She pauses. And what? She trusts me? Me?!

"And?" Ali says in confusion. The same thing I want to know Ali.

"Forget about it. You know how me and your brother hate each other, I would never let him in here." Her lie comes out smooth, i would believe it if I wasnt here hiding underneath the desk.

"Yeah sure. He talked back to our mother just to defend you, his eyes light up when he praised you on your work. Denial is a river in Egypt, Azaleas." Traitor. She wasn't supposed to say that! That was supposed to be kept in the dinner table.

"He what?" This tone of Azaleas is a tone she makes when she's shocked. "Well. I don't know much about it, but I know he hates me. So don't get your hopes up." Azaleas says confidently. Like we didn't just share the most toe-curling kiss minutes ago.

"Oh come on!" She says in a desperate tone.

"Nope." She pops the P.

"At least look for a man, I really need to hear drama from you." Ali comments on Azaleas's relationships. Ali was always someone who loved relationships drama.

Imagining her with another man makes my stomach twist and taste acid, I will take any guys eyeballs if he looks at her wrong.

"Maybe I will." Azaleas says, a hint of amusement in her tone. I can't stop her if she wants too, but I will do anything to stop any man from getting close to her.

"Plus, you're still a virgin, even your mouth hasn't been touched. You need some action in your life. And I'm not talking about work." Ali walks over to a shelf, I don't see her but I can hear and feel her.

Well, hate to break it to you Ali. I just took her first kiss. And it was fucking worth it.

"Fine, whatever." I'm sure Azaleas rolled her eyes at that.

"Azaleas, why are there japanese books here? In the main shelf?" 

"Because I'm japanese. And it's my library, I put whatever I want there." I forget sometimes how much languages Azaleas can speak. I didn't keep up with how much to be honest. Japanese, English, French, German, Arabic and so much more.

"What does that even mean?"

"Look for it. Also, take the book you want, there's something I need to do privately in the library." She sounds too convincing, even more convincing when I lied to my mother about me being a virgin as a fifteen year old.

"Okay!" I can hear Ali rush over the place as she collects books like pokemons, probably.

She finally finishes and her foot steps become clearer as she comes up to Azaleas.

"Thank you, Azaleas! And think about your body because it needs action." She says as she gets out of the library. The only action Azaleas's body is going to get is from me.

I thought I'd regret kissing her, but I didn't even spend one second thinking about regretting it, I thought of how to kiss her again.

"You can come out. She's gone." She says and I crawl out from underneath the desk

"My back hurts." I stretch myself and her eyes look all over my body. I like her body, but maybe not as much as she likes mine.

"I guess you just heard all about how I need action in my life and you think im desperate for someone to come and fuck me." She says, her back turned to me.

If anything I'm the one who's desperate. "Maybe I never told you this, but you're beautiful, even when you were that one brunette that I hated so much." I realize that I used past tense, meaning I got over all of my hatred against her. And that is.. Fuck me. "I'd never think you would be desperate."

"The kiss was.." I wait for her to continue. Please, don't say a mistake. "Perfect." Just like her. "Do you regret it?" She turns to me. Her eyes meeting mine.

"Fuck no." i bite out, her eyes search for something inside me, she's looking if it's a lie. But what she's looking for, she'll never find.

"Good to know." She turns around and I swear I can catch a glimpse of her smile.

"Why would you let me kiss you anyways? I thought you disliked me?"

"Too many questions, ill answer them later. An emergency came up in work." She meant the organization, not the company.

"Come on. I wanna know."  I pick up to her fast pace.

"No. I'll be going, Evan." She opens another secret door, that gets you out, but directly next to the exit.

"You can go from here." She looks up at me, those eyes, that mouth. I cant resist them. But I have too.

Unless she wants too kiss again I don't mind.

"Okay." I get out before I do something stupid like kiss her again and the door shuts slowly behind me.

This was completely unexpected, like absolutely not expected. I mean, it's Azaleas we're talking about, she's the most unpredictable person I've ever met.

Beside that, when I was kissing her, she was so vulnerable I completely forgot how hot she looked when she was torturing those men days ago.

I'm starting to like her, and that is if I don't already.