Chapter 13

Evan

"Hello?" I take the call.

"Can we meet up." She breathes heavily.

"Huh? Why?" I wrap some folders together and Jay rises a brow at me.

"I need..." She pauses. "I just need to meet someone to discuss my opinion on something, and you popped in my contacts."

Weird.

"Where?"

She tells me.

"I'll meet you there." I hang up. Who could've hurt her? Why is she panicked?

"Where are you going?" Jay asks as I rush to the door.

"Nowhere. Feel free to take over." I smile and got out, she told me to meet her in a closed space, I'm getting curious and intrigued.. and worried she might kill me.

After about thirty minutes, I get to a coffee shop. An interesting one.

"You should be Evan. Please follow me. This is the first time Miss Azaleas brought someone." An old man that looks japanese in chef clothes says as he guides me to a room.

The old man knocks.

"Come in." I hear her say in her attractive voice.

The old man opens the door  and I get inside, surprise washes over her face, and maybe this is the first time I see Azaleas expressing many emotions.

"Mr.Hiro, you can go. We'll call if we need anything." She says in a gentle voice and Hiro nods and closes the door behind him.

"Why'd you call me sounding panicked?" I get to the point.

"What did you think of the presentation?" She says weirdly while rubbing her neck and my eyes look down at her hand who was injured.. again. Beside the one I wrapped up this morning. She notices me looking and hides it behind her back.

"It was great... Is this the reason you called?" I ask.

"Uhm- yeah. That's all there was." She nods.

"Are you sure, Azaleas?"

She sucks in a breath. She's just like me after all, she also gets effected by me saying her name. "I was mad and I didn't know what to do."

"Why don't you try doing something you love when you get mad."

"Good idea." She nods, an awkward wave hits me and I know she can feel it too.

"You were alright when I went, what went wrong?" I ask, praying im not crossing any boundaries.

Her mismatched eyes darken. Even the blue one. "Flashbacks and my real father." She unravels as she puts down the spoon and looked at her injured hand.

"It's okay." I assure her. I know that Kano is her adoptive father, but I don't know the details of how.

"I was surprised you came here so fast." She says. If I didn't know any better I would say she was embarrassed.

"Well.. I happened to be in the area." Lie, I was farther away by an hour and came here in half, I don't dont why though.

"Thank you. I calmed down." Her lips curl up a little, and that makes my heart skip a beat. I never felt this feeling before, but here I am acting like a teenage girl.

"Don't get too used to it, Azaleas." I smile back at her. I look at her injured hand again and it seemed badly wrapped. "Give me your hand." I order and sat to the chair next to her directly.

"Call the waiter and tell him to bring a disinfectant and some bandages." I take off her bandage and it seems that she smashed her fist with something. Her knuckles' skin shredded.

She clicks on a button and a waiter rushes.

"Bring bandages and disinfectant." She says as the waiter nods and quickly runs off.

"You're the boss everywhere?" I laugh.

"Well, in this case I am. This is my coffee shop." She surprises me, again.

The waiter comes back with the disinfectant spray, tissues and a bandage. I take the disinfectant and sprayed it on her knuckles, making her twitch. I wonder if she would twitch like that in sex. Okay! Out of pocket.

I take the tissues and I clean off the blood, and then I wrapped the bandaid around her hand correctly.

"Thank you. Like genuinely, as much as I dislike you, this is so nice of you." 

"At least we both can agree on that part." I come back to my chair.

Her phone vibrates and she takes it. Her brows tense.

"What's wrong?" I ask, hoping I'm not overstepping any boundaries.

"Fucking killers." She replies and put the phone back on the table, she rarely curses. "I'm sorry, I need to go." She stands up and I do the same.

"Can I go with you?" I demand.

She looks like she's thinking for a second then she makes up her mind. "You can come with me. Under one condition. Don't hesitate to kill." She says and crosses her arms.

"It was never a problem to begin with." I say as she walks in front of me and I follow her.

"Does your phone have a burner?" She stops and turns around.

"I wouldn't be a mafia leader if I didn't have it." I smirk and she turns around immediately, I swear I saw a grin on her face.

We get to her car and fucking hell? A Lamborghini Revuelto? The last time she had a Porsche 911? How many cars does she have?

"Zero. Get ready to go to the location. There's going to be a lot of bodies. one." She says.

"Huh?" I turn to her as she's still driving. I feel like a boy when I'm not driving.

"Just talking to my team." She drove and ignored all the red lights. We finally get beside of a huge closed warehouse. We're not close but we're not far either.

"I forgot my gun in my car." I remember.

"There's enough in the back." She says and got out of the car, I get out too and followed her.

She opens the back and holy shit i never knew a car's back can hold this many weapons.

She takes the AK-47 and passes it to me, I take it.

She installed leg holsters around her thigh, then a strap around her waist and a sheath that has her dagger.

She gives me a silencer and I install it.

She puts guns in her legs holster and took a machine gun with her, a fucking machine gun.

"Evan. Leave exactly ten people alive." She orders and I nod.

This is going to be fun.