Chapter 40

Evan.

I'm back home in one piece, thankfully.

As I drive my car with her being in the passenger seat, she holds my hand tightly, her skin warm under mine.

"Is there something wrong, Angel?" I ask.

"Everything's okay, it's just weird to take three days off." She answers. Typical Azaleas.

I let out a low laugh. "You're such a workaholic."

"I feel like my mother when I chugged down that vodka." She admits.

"Why?" I turn to her, my attention is half on the road, and half on her.

"She loved vodka, she wouldn't go anywhere without a bottle of it. She wasn't addicted but she loved it." She says with a small smile displayed in her face.

"Whisky is better. Trust me." I say as i turn back to the road, I'm close to my house.

"Sure whatever you say." She rolls her eyes.

I pull over to my garage, unlike Azaleas, I have few cars. I don't need a lot, and what I don't need is useless. I get out first of the car and opened the door car for her. I could swear I caught a slight blush in her face.

We enter and she makes herself at home, she always does that.

She sits on the couch and kicks off her shoes. She's wearing normal clothes, not the same suits I see her in. A black sweater and baggy pants. She looks good in everything. She's perfect.

"What are you going to do now?" She asks as she lays on the couch.

"Probably give Mimi and Leo food and go to sleep, wanna join me?" I wink at her and she blushes, this time visibly.

"No." She says instantly, showing her nervousness. "You do you." She takes her phone from the table.

I go to the kitchen and put food for Mimi and Leo, poor things didn't eat for a day. I feel so fucking bad. They're my favorite animals too.

They go running as they hear their bowl move. I chuckle at their stupidly cute appearance and I go back to where Azaleas is.

"You seem... Mad?" I notice her brows cause a line between each other and her eyes are narrow.

"It's nothing." She says and she put down the phone.

I sit next to her. "Just tell me. No secrets." I hate secrets.

"Yura isn't happy about us." I get what she means. She means Yura doesn't like the idea of her best friend being with me.

"So you're going to break up with me?"

"What-? no. It didn't even cross my mind."  Her gaze softens.

"For a second I thought you would've." I don't like people butting in what's not their business.

"I would never, Evan." She sits up right and pats my shoulder, sending electric shocks down my arm and whole body to my cock. Since when was I so touch deprived?

"Why doesn't she like us together?" I ask, trying to ignore the ache on my cock.

She takes her phone and shows me the messages. My past girlfriends would've just either broke up with me or they would just explain what she said, afraid that I might find something in their phones. Proves my point of how Azaleas is perfection.

I read the text messages.

Yura: u guys are not a good match, srry babes.
Yura: I mean YOU cried for HIM.

Me: I'm sorry Yura, but how does this connect to the fact we are not a good match?

Yura: I mean he can hurt u and u would break.

Me: Evan is not as bad as you think.

Yura: he threatened Tyler
Yura: isn't that proof enough???

Me: let's not talk right now.

Yura: *rolling eyes emoji*

Damn, I didn't know a threat could make them afraid.

She puts her phone back to it's place and rested her head on my arm.

"You're lucky you didn't threaten Alex." She says with a grin.

"Why?"

"She would've killed you. She likes him a bit too much."

I chuckle, Yura liking someone is crazy.

"If I saw you in his arms instead of mine, I would've threatened him. I don't care." I shrug with a grin and she rolls her eyes.

"You still think my grin is hideous?" I ask with a teasing tone.

"Absolutely." She answers instantly with a smile.

"You still haven't gotten rid of that attitude I see." I put her on my lap, my arms wrapped around her waist and her looking down at me.

"Put me down Evan." She demands.

"No." I say simply, just when she tries to break free I get her back.

"You're so annoying." She mumbles.

"Say that again." I say as i put a hand on the back of her neck and got her closer to me.

"You're annoying, arrogant and stubborn." Her tone hardens, and that seems to turn me on more. "And I hat-" I pull her neck one more time and our lips connect in a deep kiss. Her soft lips sends a jolt of electricity through my veins, fueling a fire inside me. Her sweet taste is intoxicating my senses. I can feel her hot breath against my own, our kiss deepens by every second that goes by even though time seemed to still.

I get up and her legs wraps against my waist as I make my way to my bedroom without missing a glimpse of her mouth. She doesn't stop, so i take it and opened the door with my free hand as my other hand is on her back, as if she were the most precious thing ever. It's because she is, and in this moment. I knew where I belonged, I belonged with and to her.

I put her gently on the bed and I get on top of her, not stopping. If I stop I'm afraid I won't be able to breath without her.

Her hand suddenly goes up my shirt and she tried to remove it.

"Are you sure?" I ask, because if I start I will not stop.

"I'm more sure than ever before." She responds as we lock gazes, our heavy breath rhyming with each other.

The fire and lust in her eyes, it matches my own. And I wont let this chance slip. Not anymore.