Chapter 18

Evan.

I can't get her smile out of my head, paperwork? Azaleas's smile. Someone stealing our drugs? Azaleas's smile. Jay calling me? Azaleas's smile. I made Azaleas smile. And it's something that belongs to me in a way.

'Evan! Where the hell did you leave your mind at?!" Jay calls out for me.

Azaleas's genuine smile.

"I'm here, I'm here. I just got called to the office." I look at my phone to check again, and yep! There seems to be an emergency at work. I like working from home, or from my office here. But emergencies? I need to go there.

"I suppose I'll be taking care of those." He points at some of the reports I got. I nod and he sighs and waves me off.

I get out of the office and drive to tho company, not 'Ray', 'Deep Red'. The emergency is at 'Deep Red'. I don't know the details. But I have a bad feeling about this.

I walk to Kano's office and I knock and open the door, stopping Kano from tapping on the table.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I close the door behind me and walk to him.

"Azaleas is what's wrong." He responds and I tilt my head, confused as to what Azaleas did wrong.

"What happened exactly?" I sit on the chair in front of him.

"She's scaring everyone. Literally everyone. Even me." He admits. "Ever since the dinner she'd been like this."

No wonder she hated family dinners. "What happened at the dinner and how is she acting exactly?" Azaleas is not the type to hurt or abuse employees.

"I invited my brother." As in her biological father. "And she didn't like it very much. She's acting like she doesn't have a heart, she's not doing something to the employees." Huff. Thank god. "But she's drowned herself to work these past days, like actually drowned more than normally. She glares at anyone who decides to look her in the eye, even Olivia."

Olivia, her assistant? She glares at her? Weird.

"So that's the emergency?" I ask.

"Yes. If you can do something about it, do it. I'm scared for her and of her. As well as all the company." He says honestly.

"Understood. I'll try my best." Why do they think I can put up with Azaleas being scary? It's not like I can calm her down.

I got out of his office and made my way to Azaleas's office, I knock.

"Don't come in." She says I'm her husky voice, I come in anyway and she turns to me from the sun set's view on the big window behind her.

"What are you doing here?" Her gaze softened, before I came in her stare was hardened.

"Kano sent me a message saying there's an emergency at work." Her shoulders tense as I mention Kano.

"I think I've done everything perfectly where's the emergency?" I don't see why people are scared of her? She looks very human and angelic to me right now.

"Kano told me you're scaring the employees, even him included. You're also drowning yourself at work more than before." I state as I look at her seriously.

"Really? I didn't notice-" a knock on the door cuts her off and whoever is behind the door has the audacity to open it without her permission. I turn my gaze to Azaleas and now I know what Kano meant by scary.

Her gaze on Olivia is horrifying, she glares at her like she's about to kill her, I'm sure she won't, but she looks like she would.

"I-I finished my work. Can I go home?" Olivia says, her hands trembling and her words shaking.

"You may go home." Azaleas answers in a darkness I've never heard before.

"A-Also! Yura is here." Olivia says before dismissing herself and Yura comes in behind her.

"What the fuck is going on, Azaleas?" Yura slams the door behind her and comes in as if I don't exist, it's pretty hard not to see me since I'm built like the Eiffel tower.

"Nothing." Azaleas answers.

"Do you mind?" Yura turns to me, I guess she did notice me after all.

"No. He stays." Azaleas voice makes me want to shrink in my place and disappear. That's how scary she sounds right now. I know a lot of scary people, but no one. and I mean no one compares to Azaleas.

I sit on the comfortable couch as the two best friends get into a full argument. Though it's only one who's mad, because Azaleas is unbothered.

"Yura, you need to leave. Now." The authority in her voice is hot. Not that I should be thinking like that.

I can hear Yura gulp, really hard. "Talk to me when you're ready." She says and gives me a glance then got out.

"You look scary." I comment and her gaze softens when she looks to my side.

"I know." She starts writing something into her new computer. She glances over me and back to her computer. "Are you going to give me a lecture like Kano and Yura?" She asks as she looks up at something.

"No. Not really. You seem normal too me." I cross my arms and she looks at me, her eyes look down to my lower abdomen then looked back at my face who's the real pervert now?  "What happened anyways?"

"A secret for secret?" She walks up too me and sat next to me, but farther away.

"A secret for a secret." I nod. "I was going to die by drowning when I was seven, and now I have fear of pools and oceans." There's slight sympathy in her eyes then it disappears and I smile at that.

She explains what happened at the dinner, the gun holding, the Sarah comeback which I admired. And Aaron.

"Really? How did your father look like when you held a gun against him." I ask

"Proud." She answers with big disgust in her tone.

"Why did Kano even invite him. He knows you guys don't have good history, whatever that history is." Yeah sure her father is a killer, but who did he kill for her to hate him so much? Is it that bad?

"I don't know. He knows I hate him. But I really didn't tell him why."

I look at her table, five cups of coffee?

"Azaleas, when was the last time you ate something?" I ask her.

"A few minutes ago? When I was drinking coffee?"

"That isn't food."

She shrugs. "Then yesterday."

"Go get breakfast. Now." I order her, and she stands up to go. "Also. Stop glaring at everyone, instead think of the one time you called me handsome-" she puts her hand on my mouth and kicks my leg, getting a laugh out of me.

"I hate you." She removes her hand and got out. Her hand is so soft on my mouth and I wonder how it would feel on something else.

Okay! Getting out of this office might me the safest option for me today.