Chapter 39

Evan.

I heard all she said when she cried and sobbed. She was in pain because of me, I don't like seeing her in pain. I didn't want to hear her in pain anymore.

Maybe it wasn't so bad to wake up again knowing she will be next to me. I know for a fact I am acting like a clingy child, but I'll do it for her.

"What happened to your father?" I ask while she is laying her head on my chest, her leg wrapped around mine. I know she can feel my dick against her but she chooses not to talk about it.

"Long story short, he's dead." She answers with a cold tone.

"What?- how?" I know I shouldn't be asking these questions, but I need distractions.

"I killed him. Like I promised, slowly and painfully." She doesn't sound proud, but I know she wouldn't be, she killed her own father. No matter how much hate she has towards him, no matter how many bad things he did. She won't feel happy about killing him.

I kiss her head affectionately, and she just gets closer to me as I wrap my arms around her. It isn't her usual flowery smell, she smells like... Vodka.

"Did you drink?" I ask her, looking down at her trying to meet her eyes.

"Just three bottles of Vodka." She says as if she didn't almost kill her liver.

"That's too much." I tell her.

"Well there was too much pain, so I wanted a distraction." She says.

Feeling her pain is one thing, but hearing about it is another. My heart aches and my stomach tastes like acid. She felt sorrow because of my near-death. Because of me.

"Don't drink again, unless it's with me." I say, She finally meets my eyes and I  wink.

"How's the launch going?" I ask.

"It's going great. Kano and Andre are taking care of it in our absence. I took three days off."

"I never thought there would be a day where Azaleas Sakuno takes off days." I chuckle as she flashes a smile.

"Jay was worried about you." She says.

"And he tells me he would never mourn if I died. Interesting."

"And I don't know if I should make up a story of what happened or just say the truth."

"We need a made up story, we can't tell them the truth." I say, knowing it would be a problem if they actually knew what is going on.

"We were together and we stumbled upon a criminal, he stabbed you and ran away, leaving me and you in the street. I called Alex to get your body to the hospital and the rest is known. How is it?" She made it up real quick.

"Creative. And It's believable."

"Great. That's all I need, believable. Now sleep, I'm tired and I have a headache."

"Then why did you come?" I ask.

"I wanted to see you. That's all." She looks up at me. She looks so adorable right now.

"Repeat what you said earlier." I want to hear her to say those three words again.

"I love you." She says in a sweet tone that makes me melt.

"I love you too." I confess back, I didn't tell her that earlier. I never loved anyone before. Maybe interest or just liking, but love? I used to laugh at that shit. Now I am in love with my past enemy, who is now the half I can't live without.

Her cheeks redden and she buries her head in my chest. "Im going to sleep."

To be completely honest, it does hurt a bit, but if I get to have this moment with her? Fuck the pain.

"Tell me something you haven't told me yet." I say, trying to look underneath what Azaleas shows people.

"My father killed my mother after that he got abusive--not by hitting me, just words-- and Kano took me in after he saw it." She explains.

I'm glad he's dead, he wanted her to suffer by killing the people she cared about.

"Azaleas, whenever you go to work, I want you to call me. I don't want you to take care of all of that alone." I don't want her to die, I don't want to experience the pain of slowly losing her. It's selfish, right? But I don't want her to ever hurt.

"How'd you even get into the mafia?" She asks, her voice low.

"I was trouble since I was a child, you know? Always hanging out with the bad people but I never really got influenced. I saw that that shit made money and I started one of my own. Slowly it grew, and here we are." I answer.

"If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have woken up." I admit and her eyes soften. "If it weren't for how much you were suffering I wouldn't have woken up." I kiss her head. "Don't blame yourself, Angel. Sure I was unconscious, but I heard everything. Don't you ever say those things about yourself again. I mean it."

"Okay." She says in a low whisper that makes my heart ache.

"Good. Stay with me until I get discharged." I demand.

"I will." She smiles against my chest and I get a taste of real love. I never knew it could be this... Happy.

"Does your mother know my father is a killer?" She asks.

"Yup. She tried to say it in front of Ali and Ryan. I didn't let her." I answer.

"Good. I don't want them to think that I would murder them."

"I thought you would, but I guess not." I say sarcastically and she pinches me as I chuckle.

She then punches my arm.

"Ouch- what was that for?!"

"For the sex jokes you made at my house, I couldn't punch you then so I can punch you now."

"I have more if you want to hear them." I tease and it results to another punch in my arm. I chuckle in response and she rolls her eyes.

I could stay here all day and I wouldn't get bored. Father didn't visit yet, I thought that it would've upset me. But when I'm around her? I'm happy.

Angelicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें