Chapter 62

Azaleas.

It's been a while since I got on a mission, it feels great to kill people. Especially since Owen, the biggest threat is gone. But... It would've been better if I could've gone alone.

"Don't move much." Evan says, worrying about me as if I was paralyzed.

I hate being weak or being called weak indirectly. As much as I love him, as much as I want to plant my fist on his beautiful face.

I shove past him and he grabs my wrist. "Evan, let go." I warn.

"I'm worried." He says and he tightens his grip on my wrist, he's trying not to let me go. But not today, love.

I yank my hand away. "Don't be then." I turn my back to him and I make my way inside and I pull both of my guns.

I shoot the guys guarding the victims, not caring if they can spit informations or whatever. The bullets go through their head smoothly and that surpresses my rage a tiny bit.

"Fuck!" I hear a man scream and I shoot him instantly, as he was going to shoot me, too.

"Zero, Elena, Luke, Isabella. Do your jobs. One" they all come in hurrying and they rush all of it. Maybe because they can sense I can snap at any of them any time right now.

"Uh- Azaleas?" Elena says, I turn to her with a glare and she lowers her eyes. "There's blood all over the place, I can't get them out without them stepping on blood." She shares nervously while fidgeting with her fingers.

"Bring others here to help you pick them up, not a drop of blood should be on them." I order and she nods instantly. Evan helps with freeing them and I get my joy of seeing those monster's blood all over the place. There is no better feeling than victory. What about love? Okay, that surpasses it.

"Cleared." Alex says as he leans on the doorframe.

I nod as I get out, not waiting for Evan's worrying. That only makes me feel weak and vulnerable, and we don't need that.

He gets out after me and he sees me sitting on the grass, looking at the sunset's beautiful view. It only reminds me of Evan, the beauty of it.

The colors are spreading and I'm enjoying every second of watching the sun get down slowly while her colors are fading. I was just like that when I was a child, but the difference is when the sun sets, it can shine again.

At that time, I couldn't shine again.

My head turn to Evan, the sunset's light reflects on him, his gray eyes bright as he looks at me with affection, his blond hair glowing, his white skin looks golden and his expression is softened.

He gave me a reason to shine again after all.

How can I even hate him? There's no way it's possible to hate him. I believed him over my family because I would believe him over anyone.

I notice Yura getting closer to me, but I don't pay much attention to her. My gaze is fixed on Evan and Evan only.

"Stop daydreaming, lover girl." She teases with a wide grin.

"You mean, appreciating natural beauty." I admit and I smile a bit.

"You disgust me." She says while sticking out her tongue.

"How did sex with Alex go?" I turn to her and she flushes.

"I- uh-" she starts stuttering.

"See? You can't even form words." I push her away gently as Evan gets closer.

"Enjoying the view, Angel?" He asks, a smug playing on his mouth, he is standing behind me to my left right now.

"No, the blood behind you was beautiful." I suck in a breath before I start forgetting how to breath. I turn back to the sunset's view to avoid his gaze even though it's burning through me.

"Liar." He says with a chuckle and he sits next to me, a sweet smile displaying on his mouth.

I stay silent as I am enjoying two views, his and the sun's.

"I'm sorry, I was really worried something might happen to you." He says honestly, my gaze is still on the sun, though I am listening very well.

"It's all good." I say warmly, forgetting about any rage I had before.

"Eyes on me, Angel." He says as he puts his hand on my chin and turns me to his direction, my breath cuts in and I can't seem to breath anymore. My full attention is on him. "Good girl." He smiles deviously when I blush, recalling some events.

"What did you mean when you gave me the ring?" He asks, his brow raising.

"It means we're together till' death does us apart. If you don't want that, you can give me back my ring." I say, my voice coming a bit harsh at the end of my statement, if he does do that. I might as well be ashamed.

"No, no! It's mine." He grabs his hand to himself, the emerald and gold shining from it.

I chuckle at his childish reaction, he seems like a kid who would hit me if I touched his object and would tell me to pay for every minute I touch it.

I put my forehead against his. "I love you." I say.

"I love you more." He kisses my mouth, but just a small peck, it's gentle and affectionate.

"Let's not be so sure about that." I interlace my fingers with his.

"Tomorrow, date. Please?" He asks, what do I have tomorrow? If I have any business meetings or dinners, I will sure as hell end them till another day. If it's this work than... Yeah, I can go.

"Absolutely, love." I smile and he kisses me, this time softly and gently. Not like the usual desperate and aggressive kiss we always have.

This kiss is affectionate, astonishing, magnificent.

Perfect.