Chapter 61

Evan.

My memory isn't that bad. I never said that shit. I would never do that. "No, it's not true."

"Stop lying!" Sarah shouts, her eyes starting to tear. Did they really team up on me?

"I said no screaming." Azaleas turns her head to Sarah. Not caring if she's close to crying or not.

"But sis, he's lying! For your sake, break up with the liar." Sarah says.

"Sarah's right, dear." Kano counters.

"First of all, don't call me sis as if you weren't treating me like shit from the past 25 years, second of all, I will decide whether he's lying or not." Her gaze turns to me at that, please don't get information out of me the way you do it.

"I'm so sorry for that, but believe me on this one." Sarah says as she starts crying. "He said he loved me, too. Turns out he's a player."

Azaleas sighs and she looks up at them with a cold glare that makes me want to wish the ground would just swallow me whole. "Damare!." Her tone raises and it's harsh and sharp, they all look shocked because Azaleas never shouts, no matter what happens. "Get out. All of you. Kano, I'm not quitting my position unless you want your company to fall down. You may have given me that position, but I have better connections than you do."

"And Sarah. If you dare ever call me a liar, I'll ruin your life." I warn Sarah.

They all get up and get out, thank god Azaleas didn't kill them.

"Do you believe them?" I ask, imagining her actually believing them makes my voice sound hurt.

She chuckles. "Me? Believe them? What a joke." She smiles as she makes her way towards me. "Maybe if you hadn't visited me all those days in the hospital I would have small suspicions, but I would never doubt you." She says in a gentle tone as she wraps ber arms around me.

"Plus, Olivia told me everything that happened in work while I was gone. I'm sure she would mention a date between you and Sarah."

"So Olivia was a spy? She knew about the plan?" I ask, my expression full of confusion.

"Yes. She tried to stop me but it was useless." She looks up at me with a smile and we hear gasps from the door.

"You can smile?! With teeth?!" Ali shouts first while an overdramatic tone plays in her voice.

"Oh my god! Take a picture kids." Andre says, does he have to act like an adult-child sometimes?

Azaleas's smile widens. "The others are gone, you can all sit. Eat all you want." Her tone is gentle and warm.

"This is a moment in history." Ryan says as he makes his way to the table.

"I can't believe my annoying brother can make you smile." Ali says as she sits up. "At least my theory was right. Enemies to lovers." She grins as she eats.

"Ali dont you think we're like Zade and Adeline? We're so in love" I say with a smirk on my face and both Azaleas and Ali turn to me. Ali chokes on her food and starts coughing.

"Don't tell me.." Azaleas sighs.

"I read it from your bookshelf." I continue for her.

"Who are those?" Andre asks.

"I don't know." Ali says with the most innocent smile, Aaron smirks at her and her gaze turns to him and she blushes, she looks down at her plate as he keeps his gaze on her.

Oh no. We're not all going marrying the Sakuno family come on! Azaleas turns to me with a knowing grin as she looks at Aaron and Ali. I nod and she chuckles.

"I never seen Azaleas display this much emotions, I'm happy." Andre says as he takes a bite of his own food.

"Did you know about their little plan?" I get to the point of what's been bothering me.

"What plan?" Ali, Ryan, Andre and Aaron say in unison.

I starts explaining as their expressions go from shocked to angry to sympathy. A whole ass roller coaster.

"What do you mean you can bring Kano's company down?" Andre turns to Azaleas with a questioning look.

"I may work for him, but there are things he doesn't know." For example owning a secret organization that works to get the government down! Great, I love her. "Plus, if I wanted too, I could've got ridden of him as the CEO, and I'm starting to consider that." She unravels, she didn't tell me that.

"How are you planning to do that?" He asks.

"You're his Bestfriend, what makes you think I can tell you that freely?" She tilts her head, her smile disappeared.

"Because I'm disappointed in him." He says, he does look disappointed.

"Since I inherited 75% of the company shares from Takeshi, I can bring him down anytime." She says and Andre's eyes go wide open.

"75%?! Why didn't Takeshi take his place as CEO?"

"Because he had much bigger problems than that. Plus, he wasn't interested in being the CEO of the company to begin with." She sighs, bringing up Takeshi is a hard thing around her.

"If that's the case, I'm prepared to work with you." He says with a grin. "Plus I didn't like Sarah that much, since he was planning to make her CE-" He stops as if he said something he shouldn't have.

Azaleas chuckles. "I know. He planned on making her CEO, not on my watch though."

Ali sighs. "Stupid business talk." She says under her breath.

"Actually, what about we all go somewhere?" Aaron says with a sweet smile.

"I'm down!" Ali's voice lights up, simp.

"I can go." Ryan says with a smile.

"I'll go home." Andre says with smile as he gets up.

"I'm staying. I have to take care of some things." Azaleas says then she turns to me. "Are you going?" She asks.

"No," I try to find an excuse. "I have business too!" I say with a sheepish smile that makes her roll her eyes.

They all get up except me and Azaleas and they finally leave.

"That was shocking." I turn to her.

"Nothing is new information to me, love." She says in gentle tone.

God how much I love her.