Chapter 43

Azaleas.

Even fights leave me a bit of energy left, but these past three days drained every ounce of energy I've had. He drained me to be exact.

Bunnies fuck a lot, I'm not sure they fucked as much as we did. We ate, fucked, slept, fucked, ate and so it goes on.

Even when I try to walk I need him to help me, even the goddamn little tasks.

"Today you're going back to work?" He asks.

"Yes." Thankfully.

"I'm going back too, the injury isn't that bad to hold me back off work." He takes a sip of his coffee while looking at his phone. Him with glasses is just beautiful, his faces features are always beautiful. But with glasses? They're more defined. More marvelous.

My phone rings and it's Tyler.

"Yes?" I answer the phone.

"I know it's your last vacation day, but take a look at the video I sent you." He says, rushing his words. In the background is him writing on the keyboard, fast and agressive. Just like Evan. Shut the fuck up.

"Okay." I put him on speaker and I look over to see where my laptop is, there! I take my laptop and put it on top of the table. I check for notifications and the video pops up. I click on it.

"What's going on?" Evan asks, finally lifting his head from his phone. When I look at him I could only think of the grin he gave me while I was on my knees.

"Nothing." I answer instantly, a bit flustered from the thought I just had.

Focus, Azaleas. Focus.

I play the video and the video shows three women, probably between twenty to thirty. They're getting sacrificed by some kind of cult. Everytime I look at videos like this, a small piece of me dies. Slowly, but surely.

Their screams of pain, their blood gushing out of their bodies. There's no mistake. It's Iron, and this is their warning to us. Spiders. They want us to stop saving their "products". I'm prepared to do something stupid. Really really stupid. But I'm doing it after the launch. And no one knows about it yet, and I'm afraid Evan is going to be upset if he finds out about it.

"Tyler." My cold voice makes Evan flinch a bit. "Track it. Send me the location. When the launch finalizes, I have a plan." I command.

"Yes. I'll tell the others." He answers and I hang up the phone.

"Is this something I should be worried about?" Evan tilts his head a bit. Yes, you should be worried. Is what I want to say, but he'll stop me. And I can't afford being stopped.

"No, don't worry about it." I let out a forced little smile. If I die. He should keep going with his life, I know I shouldn't tell him that, not now at least.

"Okay, I trust you." He smiles back, a gentle warm smile. I'm going to ruin that trust, but if I don't live through my plan, it's going to be okay.

"I'm going to my house to bring Oliver, wanna join me?" I say as i got up.

"No, it's okay. Ill pass." He says. "I already have to watch the Chinese market." He adds and I nod.

I grab my phone and laptop, the two important things I need anywhere I'm going.

I get out of his house and I take my black Rolls-Royce. Yura brought it here yesterday, thankfully.

I drive to my house and I find Oliver, laying on the floor in front of the door, as soon as he heard the door opening he got up and lunged on me, I visited him yesterday morning to give him food. I guess he misses me that much.

He knocks me off to the ground and started licking my face, I close the door with my free hand and I hug him.

What would happen to him if you die during the operation?

I don't know, and I don't want to know. I'll have to write letters for that one.

"I'm sorry, Oliver." I say and he finally pulls back. He cocks his head and hurt fills his eyes, and that tells me he understands.

"I'm going to go. For a long time, but it's okay. People's lives will be saved instead of mine." I pat his head and then I get up. I'm still sore, but I know how to surpress the pain. I always known how to.

I take the dog leash and I get out with Oliver following from behind, the leash not on him. I know he's not running off anywhere, but just in case.

I open the passenger seat and he climbs to it, I close it and I drive back to Evan's house.

I get inside and Oliver glares at the two cats, Mimi and Leo, he gets inside but he doesn't cause a fuss.

"He's not going to eat them, that's progress." Evan says with a smile.

"He doesn't like eating cats, but he could try humans." I lead Oliver in and he makes himself home, like he didn't just go into a house that isn't his own.

"Then I should sleep with one-eye open." He smiles when I chuckle.

"You want to play a game?" I ask, I might as well make most of it while I'm here.

"Yeah, what is it?" He sits on the couch.

"Get to know each other better, it's just you ask me questions and I answer, and the same goes for you."

"Yes, I would love too. Angel." He says in a gentle tone. I'll miss being called Angel.

"Yoshi ¹" I clap my hands together and we sit next to each other on the couch.

If he finds out about my plan, I'm in dip shit. The plan is still unknown to other people, only known to me. That's all. And I'm not planning to tell anyone until  I'm actually doing it.

Let's hope everything goes according to plan until the launch. If I die, Aaron can be the CEO.