"And your mom?"

"Well, Kat went to Los Angeles too." I lied but my voice was a little shaky at the end.

"I don't believe you." He said.

"Here." I thrust the spatula at him and started to speed walk away.

"Here." I heard Seth say then I heard the pounding of his feet behind me.

"Stacey wait."

I smiled at all the people who looked at us weird.

Once I was inside I ran upstairs to the his room. I saw Seth right behind me.

"Stacey--" I slammed the door in his face and locked it. I slid down against the door.

"Stacey what the hell just happened?"

"Nothing." I said.

"Then why are you locking yourself in my room?" He asked.

"Because I can!" I snapped.

"Stacey."

I didn't answer him. Who did he think he was? Asking all these personal questions.

"Stacey, is this about your mom or something? Because I can--"

"Seth shutup." I said.

He was silent for a couple moments. I heard feet walking away from the room. I breathed a sigh of relief.

No one but my friends knew about what had really brought me here and I intended to keep it that way.

I stoop up and unlocked the door. It made a loud click. Crap. The door burst open sending me onto his bed.

Seth closed the door behind him then locked it. I could feel the heat rising in my face. If he thought that he was going to corner me into telling him anything, he was dead wrong.

I stood up and pushed past him. I unlocked the door and opened it but a strong hand held it close again.

I turned around to face Seth with my arms crossed but I hadn't realized how close he was to my face. My lips grazed his slightly and I could tell he was surprised.

I took that as my chance to leave but he quickly recovered.

"Tell me what's wrong." He said.

"No."

"Stacey."

"Seth."

"Tell me what all that was about."

"I don't have anything to say to you." I said walking away from him.

"Ok, well I have a question for you?"

"Why do you call your mom Kat?" He asked.

"Because I can."

"That's not fair, I told you about my dad." He shot back.

I glared at him but he won. It's true, he had told me about his dad.

"Fine. I call my mom Kat because I can't call her mom yet." I said in a voice barely above a whisper.

"And why is that?"

"Because..."

-;-Seth's POV-;-

There must be something going on with her. Especially if she couldn't call her mom...mom.

"Because?"

I saw her tense up. I suddenly felt guilty.

"Look you don't have--"

"Technically, I was adopted." Stacey said.