Moving On [50]

Mulai dari awal

"Happy Birthday!" I yelled.

"Thank you!" They said hugging me.

"Alright so the sooner we set up everything, the sooner your party will start." I said to them and they nodded.

I saw my mom glaring at the grill.

"Do you need some help mom?" I laughed.

"Yes please."

I put the charcoal into the grill and went through the works so it would be ready for when we needed it.

"Thank you, I can do the rest." She crossed her arms.

"Whatever you say."

I looked at the backyard and the chairs and tables needed setting up.

I felt someone tap me on my shoulder.

"Hey." Stacey said as I turned around.

"Hi Kate!" Stacey waved to my mom who waved back before turning back to the grill.

"Happy Birthday." She said to Jackie and Jake.

"Thanks for coming. All we really need right now is to set up tables and chairs." I said.

"Ok, where are they?"

"Follow me."

-;-Stacey's POV-;-

I followed Seth downstairs to the basement.

He passed me the chairs while he took the tables. While I struggled a little with the chairs, Seth lifted the chairs up effortlessly. His hair fell into his face covering his eyes.

I glanced at him and he looked up at me. Awkward.

"Ok so back upstairs right?" I asked. Stupid question but whatever.

"Yeah." He said.

We walked upstairs and back outside. I set the chairs down and helped Seth set up the tables. Then he helped me do the chairs. By the time we were finished a lot of people had already arrived. The only person I recognized was Nate.

He nodded at me and I waved back. Jake saw him and they started talking about some video game.

I checked my back pocket and luckily I hadn't lost the money.

"Hey Nate?" I asked once Jake had walked away.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think $70 is enough to buy video games?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Ok."

"You're weird." He said.

I walked over to Kat and asked her if she needed any help. She looked really tired.

"Thanks sweetie, do you know to grill these?"

"Yep. I'll take care of it." I assured her and she went to go sit down with her friends.

I was busy flipping a burger when Seth came up to me.

"I didn't know you could grill." Seth said.

"Well in Los Angeles my mom and dad us--"

"Wait, I thought you were visiting family in Los Angeles and your mom was here. And I thought you didn't have a dad." Seth said.

Shit. I'm so stupid.

"Well, I meant my uncle, he's my father figure so sometimes I call him dad." I lied smoothly.

I looked up and Seth was just staring at me.