168. Times of Weariness (4)

"Are you not wearing the magic suppression talisman?"

"Well, considering that the demons in the demon realm are the quickest-witted and use magic the most frequently, you would know who would use it the most."

"...Ah."

Deon is the person who encounters the Demon King the most, both among demons and humans.

If he were to possess a talisman that suppresses magic, it wouldn't take long before he's found out.

"The Demon King has never ventured into the human realm 'through the boundary'... No, he can't go... Even if you have it, you probably won't be found out..."

"...It seems you don't trust the Demon King."

"Well... of course..."

"...Master?"

"...."

"Are you asleep?"

It had already been a tiresome day because of the crazy people. If only he could endure by taking some medicine, but even that had been taken away...

Deon surrendered himself to the fading consciousness.

To have someone else do the work and comfortably fall asleep.

Watching Deon, who had gradually taken a deep breath and fallen asleep, Dan muttered discontentedly to himself.

Even so, since Deon Hart's amount of sleep had significantly decreased after coming to the demon realm, he had no choice but to approach him quietly and cover him with a blanket.

Lweche declared the dissolution of the alliance.

In fact, the situation had been anticipated since the moment they received information that the quality of support sent by the empire was not good.

It's not that the standpoint of the empire or Lweche isn't understandable, but rather, the news was terrifying from the moment they heard it.

The demon realm is powerful. Somehow, even without using all their power, they are at this level, so if they were to deploy all their power, it would probably be easy to overwhelm the human realm, which was beginning to falter due to the alliance.

"Since we can't do anything about the broken alliance from this end..."

Paul, who had now become the undisputed leader of the revolutionary army, pondered deeply.

"Reluctantly, we have to help the empire."

The empire must hold out for the human realm to survive, and for the human realm to survive, the revolution must take place.

Paul decided to prioritize repaying his debt to Daniel, whom he had nurtured and educated, over his personal grudges. That's why he had argued with Deon Hart in front of everyone.

"Are you listening to me right now?"

"...."

"Helping the empire, is this what the leader of the revolutionary army should be doing?"

It's noisy.

Paul furrowed his brow, as if he were about to show signs of awakening from his meditation.

It's unbelievable that there are still these kinds of people left when most of the empty-headed trash would have surely been taken care of by Daniel.

"I'm not helping the empire."