109. They Actually Knew (3)

"They are humans too! Now, on the brink of war with the Demon Realm, do we need to increase enemies by killing fellow humans, even when we can join forces with them?"

Let me clarify. It wasn't from a nearby location; the argument was happening right below me.

Wait, why are they fighting here? I leaned my head slightly over the railing to look down. In the shade of the terrace, I could barely see the back of a man engaged in an argument.

The calm man with his back turned, seemingly unrelated to the situation, leisurely opened his mouth. His refined and elegant speech, delivered like a splash of cold water, trampled on the opponent.

"Your voice is too loud. You seem overly excited. If you have blue blood, you should keep a cool head."

Not very noble-like.

"Ha, is it enough to have a cool head? What about the heart? Just having a cool head makes you only half a noble. No, I don't bother with such efforts because I have blue blood from the start."

I was born into nobility.

"...You should be thankful for being a Blueblood. If it weren't for that, you wouldn't be alive in front of me now."

"Gratitude for the position gained through my power? And are you threatening me now? If I had died, you wouldn't have let me live in peace, especially if you killed a capable Blueblood in the current situation, even if I were a hero, Her Majesty wouldn't stand by quietly."

"I won't kill you. I said that."

Damn, it's scary! What kind of fight is this?

...But curiosity arises. A hero? Is the owner of that back an actual hero? Not General Nemesius or Cruel, for sure. Then is it Stigma Primiros? A marquis, indeed. Who could be the opponent fighting against a hero marquis?

To check below the terrace, I grabbed the railing and leaned my head down. The view of Marquis Primiros was clearer, and on the opposite side, I saw the shoes of the presumed opponent.

"It will continue to be a meaningless argument like this. Let's get back to the main point."

"...Even if Marquis Primiros says something, my opinion remains unchanged. The Barubai Tribe is human. Killing potential allies in a situation where we are on the verge of war with the Demon Realm is unreasonable, and we cannot waste troops killing them. It is best to persuade and utilize them as helpful allies."

"They are savages. They have always invaded my territory, killed my people, and plundered weapons and food. From the very first moment I remember growing up on that land until now, they have continued to do so. Do you believe such people can change now? If it were possible to resolve it through dialogue, it would have been resolved long ago. Leaving them alone and fighting a war with the Demon Realm is no different from fighting with someone behind you who might stab you in the back at any moment. There's no choice but to kill them all."

"That's too violent of an alternative!"

"You're too naive."

If I just lowered my head a bit more, I might see the opponent's face.

However, if I continue like this and our eyes meet, an awkward situation might arise. I was about to give up and raise my head, but—click.

'?!'

I let go.

Now, here's the problem. What happens if I let go while my upper body is leaning out over the railing?