138. The Crumbling Golden Dam (3)

"...How much longer?"

"Just this one to burn."

"Then do it."

Permission was granted and the entrance opened, but the person in question didn't enter.

Is there some problem? The emperor looked at the entrance with a question in his eyes. Deon Hart muttered, "What's that smell..." with his sensitive ears.

After a slight delay, Deon Hart finally entered. But as soon as he entered, covering his mouth and nose, he started coughing... which was quite alarming.

"Cough, glory to the empire... Cough!"

"...Blood?"

For that moment, everyone except Deon Hart shared the same thought.

Nemesis and the emperor reflexively turned to look at the shaman. She, realizing the meaning behind their gazes, shook her head in confusion.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. That person is undoubtedly alive... Ugh."

Suppressing the spirit with an amulet. Deon Hart hesitated mentioning the "smell" before entering. And as soon as he entered, he coughed up blood. Moreover, when the shaman approached to check, she even vomited.

Could such a coincidence really happen? Naturally, there was suspicion, but the shaman, who had her mouth covered, firmly shook her head.

"That person must have committed many sins. They carry a lot of resentment behind their back."

"Then what about Deon Hart..."

"Indeed, my amulet does not affect the living, but that doesn't mean he's a spirit. It's just a pure coincidence."

"...Then is this because of the demon king's curse? This seems unresolved."

On the day Deon Hart arrived with the new mark and the body of the warrior, the emperor naturally sought out a shaman to remove it.

The shaman who saw his mark said it was a spell deliberately used by the demon king, and no shaman could interfere.

"...We should call a physician first."

Even if there's no cure, it's not something that can be ignored when someone is bleeding like that.

The emperor snapped his fingers.

What are they burning in the room with the emperor? The acrid smell is overwhelming.

My throat tightened, and I coughed involuntarily. Because of that, too much force was exerted on my stomach, causing blood to reflux. I might have even injured my delicate throat.

Meanwhile, General Nemesis had his hand on his sword, guarding the emperor, and the unfamiliar woman, after approaching quietly, who even vomited. But...

"...Then is this because of the demon king's curse? This seems unresolved."

Their presence vanished from the emperor's voice.

"...We should call a physician first."

There's no need to call one.

It's just a very ordinary nosebleed. By now, you should be used to it.

Of course, the emperor didn't hear my murmurs. The strange woman disappeared, and Taeyi entered... Taeyi?!

"Your... Majesty?"