122. Uncomfortable daily Life (3)

122. Uncomfortable Daily Life (3)

Devilania, who appeared like a storm, bringing tremendous stress, seemed to be running away.

It wasn't a big deal, but there was something I needed to touch on regarding the negotiation with Ririnell and the Demon Guild. I cautiously broached the topic, and it seemed like she understood what I wanted to say. She rolled her eyes in various directions, muttering like she was making excuses, then apologized.

"Because there's fun in teasing the innocent... Sorry!"

And with that, she flew out of the window. Somehow, she was incredibly agile.

When I checked below after grabbing the window sill, she was already far away. Later, when I looked for her, she had left her post for a mission...

"Well... I guess she won't be barging in with clothes for a while."

I thought positively.

After that, meaningless time passed.

As always, there wasn't much for me to do in the Demon Castle. Occasionally, I would be summoned with a weapon for a rare mission, but that was about it.

So, this was my routine. There was no need to worry about it now.

"Damn."

No need!

I stood up, tossing the perfectly solved cube to the side. The soft bed seemed to be tempting me to lie down, but my uneasy mind resisted.

I felt like I needed to do something right away.

"...Ed."

"Yes, Demon Lord."

"What do I need to do today?"

"We have a Legion Commander meeting in the evening."

"Anything else?"

"Nothing."

I don't know what to do.

"Damn it."

The discomfort turned into irritation, saturating my emotions.

Excessive emotions cloud judgment and dull the mind. This beggar-like life, it's frustrating. What am I doing here?

While muttering various complaints, I realized what I said when my feelings reached the point of frustration. After muttering, "I wish she'd just leave me alone," I became aware of her presence.

Ed, who had paled, was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Ah..."

"...Um."

Right, be careful. I've also become accustomed to the Demon Realm. Judging by how I casually cursed, it seems like I've gotten used to it.

"Sorry."

No need to apologize. Rather, why are you here?

"Ed."

"Yes... Demon Lord."

"Why are you here with me? Why aren't you in your room?"

"Forgive me..."

"No, I'm not asking for an apology. I'm curious about the reason."

I usually find you in your room. Did something happen to your room? Did the Demon Lord take away your room? Is that it?

"If you don't mind me asking... Why are you here? I apologize..."

"No, I'm not questioning you... I'm just asking for the reason. I shouldn't have asked."

I should have thought twice before giving an answer.