112. They Actually Knew (6)

It was nothing special. It was a common and trivial occurrence during banquets for someone to get drunk and act foolishly, just like that.

It was all ordinary until the junior, who was staggering and babbling while heavily intoxicated, asked if he was an enemy.

Curiosity raised its head. Honestly, when someone drunk asks such a question, one might want to affirm it at least once. Stigma was just exceptionally decisive.

So, he answered.

[Yes.]

The junior's reaction was unexpected.

He laughed. He laughed as if he might not be able to breathe, and then suddenly launched an attack.

At first, Stigma was a bit surprised, but eventually, it was an attack from someone who didn't possess the fragments of a hero, just a drunkard causing a disturbance. Even if he was the official hero of the empire, as long as such a gap existed, it was nearly impossible for Deon Hart to kill Stigma.

'Even if he hadn't been drunk, the story might have been different.'

Anyway, the situation exploded, and it's a situation that cannot be maintained indefinitely.

Although Stigma tried to resolve the matter as peacefully as possible, seeing no signs of calming down, what else could be done?

'Subdue him.'

Holding daggers in both hands, Stigma realized he couldn't restrain him barehanded when he saw Deon wildly leaping around.

He intended to swing the dagger as a way to fend him off, but... Deon Hart disappeared!

Chasing after the afterimage, when he looked up, he saw Cruel Hart holding Deon Hart in his arms. The Emperor's voice was heard almost simultaneously.

"Do not kill him, Primero."

My younger brother was born with his pigments taken away. I don't know why it was so urgent; he was born prematurely. Even before the family could be surprised by the unique skin colour and hair, we heaved a sigh of relief at having narrowly avoided a premature baby.

Of course, later, when I saw the colour when the child opened his eyes, I was shocked.

The sky took away everything from my younger brother, and even his health. Nevertheless, he left only one thing behind, as if feeling guilty about taking everything away himself. Cruel still vividly remembered what the doctor said at that time.

"It seems like all the health that should be spread evenly throughout the body gathered in his liver!"

Many years have passed, but how could one forget those words? It was the only thing left by the sky that took everything.

My younger brother, Deon Hart, has only one health left.

'...But.'

Even that, dare to destroy it, even if it's not enough.

'Wielding a sword against my younger brother?'

He was too precious to hate in the end. To that child. 

You.

'Dare.'

Rage boiled inside. Although he struggled to suppress it as always, the emotion he couldn't completely suppress leaked out, and the hand holding the child trembled.

Cruel, while exerting strength in his arms holding Deon, glared at Stigma as if tearing him apart. Naturally, as Stigma, it could only be unjust.

However, before he could explain anything, Deon, who raised his head and saw Cruel embracing him, opened his mouth first.