167. Times of Weariness (3)

In the command post, there were the same lunatic knights I saw a while ago, along with Deon Hart and Ed.

Deon, who had been reprimanding the knights, spotted Dan approaching from a distance and gestured for Ed to join him.

Ed eyed Dan warily and stepped back, while Dan, who had arrived in front of Deon, opened his mouth.

"I've completed the mission."

He confirmed that there was no one around.

Taking out a bundle of talismans from his bosom, he politely offered it to Deon. After briefly observing it, Deon accepted it and turned to the knights who had been reprimanded just moments ago.

"Everyone, gather around."

"Oh, the commander's tone is back!"

"Just shut up and gather."

They had to say it twice to get them to listen.

After quickly gathering the knights around him, Deon sighed and began to distribute the talismans one by one.

Although they had received them from the commander, they were still puzzled about what they were. Among the knights, someone cautiously raised their hand.

"Commander, what is this?"

"A talisman that makes the conditions of battle with you and demons somewhat similar. Of course, it's only 'somewhat'... from now on, make sure to carry it with you at all times. What if you pick a fight with 0 Division without being prepared?"

His blood pressure rose again as he thought about it.

Quietly touching his forehead, Deon sighed.

Yeah, those crazy bastards picked a fight with 0 Division without any preparation. Fortunately, they heard about it in time before a fight broke out, but they almost got killed without even making a sound.

"This is the demon realm."

It wasn't the human world with all sorts of restrictions. It was awkward to think about the demons they faced in the human world. Moreover, the opponents they picked a fight with were 0 Division, the elite among elites.

If they clashed with the crazy ones who weren't even 'heroes,' they would die in an instant. Deon sighed heavily.

"Why did you do that?"

"What?"

"Why did you pick a fight?"

It was impossible for those specialized in survival not to understand the difference in abilities between themselves and the enemy.

Even though they seemed thoughtless, they were the kind of guys who calculated and moved within a certain limit where they wouldn't die, taking into account the difference in abilities, situation, background, and justification between themselves and the enemy.

"In the demon realm, in the background of my name, in an atmosphere where they don't feel comfortable with you, why on earth..."

"But..."

A voice full of injustice flowed out.

"But those guys said they were 'truly under Deon!' The commander entrusted them to us, and we were told to stay hidden!"

"But the commander is ours!"

"We've served longer!"

"We fed them, clothed them, and raised them with love and care!"