127. Tightrope Walking (1)

Their gazes moved again, reaching the only human left, which is me. Damn it, me.

"..."

"..."

What's going on? Why is everyone silent?

The expressions on their faces as they look at me are subtle. Expressions that reveal no hint of what they might be thinking.

I find it strange to defend myself first, so I wait for words to come out of their mouths. Meanwhile, a fairy who had left to fetch the brown liquid returns and drops to the ground in front of the Elven King.

"I've brought it."

"Is this...?"

A familiar scent wafts through the air.

This is...

"It smells like coffee."

"Coffee?"

Even after smelling it again, it's the scent of coffee. A strangely familiar coffee scent.

But even if it's coffee, it's still strange. Coffee may awaken the mind, but does it have any effects like turning monsters into mutants?

'I should have tried giving coffee to demons.'

The answer came from the Elven King.

"The demons said they became stronger after consuming this, so it's not coffee. Where did you get this?"

"I collected what fell from the mouths of the demons. I wanted to find the source, but since the traces led to the territory of the demons, I couldn't pursue it."

"Our territory?"

After talking about extensive magic, it seems like they really used it. Otherwise, it wouldn't be possible to arrive so quickly. Even if they had just taken a stroll around nearby instead of dealing with the demons, the Demon King, still immaculate and without a single dishevelled strand, inspected the unknown liquid without a trace of exhaustion. Interest faded momentarily, and then a somewhat mocking laughter was heard.

"It seems like someone wanted to frame our race. I'll allow it, so try to find the source."

I'm curious about the culprit's face.

It was a low and threatening voice, like a growl. The Elven King glanced at him for a moment and then spoke.

"Did you hear?"

"Yes."

He's quite busy too...

With a dissatisfied expression, the demon king declared as if annoyed by the situation of suspecting demons.

"Wait, are you suspecting demons right now?"

My lord...!

He declared with annoyance as if suspecting me was very unpleasant.

"He's not a demon."

"How can you be so sure...?"

"When you asked if you could trust him before, I answered. 'As long as he's here,' very reliable. He's right here with me. You can trust him."

I don't know what kind of conversation this was, but I understood that he was defending me.

Honestly, I'm was a little moved. Looking at the demon king with new eyes, the fairy appeared again. She held a familiar bottle in her hand.

Wait a minute.

'Why are you holding that?'

I quickly realize what it was. The medicine that Remembre gave me before I came to the demon realm... Wait... Why would he make something like this?