124. Guardian of the World (1)

I swallowed the aftermath. However, as always, the sharp-witted lieutenant caught onto the swallowed words and immediately responded.

"No, it's not. We just added the scent of blood to make it feel like real blood."

"No, it would have been enough if it was just snow. Why go through the trouble of making something like this?"

"War is greatly influenced by climate and atmosphere. I developed this thinking it might be useful when waging war with the human realm. But, Demon Lord, your hand..."

It wasn't a toy for children. Well, it makes sense that permission from the Demon Lord is needed.

'But still...'

Following Ed's gaze, I looked at my fingertips where blood was dripping.

I just wanted to cut the stick, but ended up cutting my finger. It's just a minor cut, so it won't bleed much... right?

"Demon Lord!"

...Huh?

Isn't there a limit to professional dedication? It's not even a big deal.

Looking at him with a bewildered expression, I absentmindedly tried to put the injured finger in my mouth, but someone grabbed my wrist.

"...Ed?"

"Ben, come on, let's treat it. It's deeper than I thought."

He pressed a handkerchief against the cut, stopping the bleeding. I frowned involuntarily at the sharp pain.

Hurriedly, Ben approached, and Ed, removing the handkerchief, stood up. The stopped blood started gushing out again. Ben licked his lips.

"We can't use magic, so let's at least disinfect it... and we might need to stitch it."

"I hope you treat it properly so that the Demon Lord doesn't have to put blood in his mouth."

Whether Ed received a message or not, he took out a communication stone from his pocket, threw a quick apology to Ben, and connected it, moving away from us.

He did it on purpose. He didn't give Ben a chance to object.

Ben, looking indignant, still couldn't abandon his professional dedication and began treating the wound.

Ah, damn it...! Wait a moment. You didn't use anesthesia...!

'...Hmm, his expression looks fierce.'

Just keep quiet.

Lost in the unusual experience of having a wound stitched without anesthesia, I momentarily forgot about the pain. But Ben, meticulously tying the knot, seemed to realize it belatedly and shuddered as if he had just noticed.

His trembling eyes turned towards me.

"D-Demon Lord, are you... okay?"

"Yeah... well...."

If someone sees this, they might think I'm trying to kill him. I tried to smile casually to calm him down. It hurt, but it's not like he harmed my life, and it's already over. What can I do about it?

But why is he still trembling?

"How... how could I make such a mistake?"

"Ben...?"

"I'm really sorry, Demon Lord! I can't say anything even if I die!"

Disqualified as a chief physician...!

After hearing his tearful words, I could understand why he was trembling. He couldn't forgive himself for such a careless mistake. His dedication to his profession was so strong that he couldn't tolerate such a mistake.