165. Times of Weariness (1)

It's almost unheard of for a legion commander to fall into the hands of a mere group of humans without humans setting traps from the beginning. Silua, who was at the forefront of battle, fully engaged in combat, wouldn't be captured; she would instead turn the tide and slaughter them.

Indeed, she was overwhelmingly pushing back the Murderous Ghost Knights in the battle that had unfolded. Perhaps if she hadn't been so busy, the lives of the knights would have ended there.

Fortunately, the commander's composure extended the lifespan of the soldiers.

[...Huh?]

[....]

[What's this?]

The fighting style uncannily resembling that of Demon Lord's 0th Legion Commander, Deon Hart.

Fighting against a single overwhelming opponent, yes, but it's a style that would have been much more effective against a larger group rather than a minority. Perhaps it would have influenced the morale of both enemies and allies on the battlefield.

Coincidentally, Silua was fanatically enthusiastic about Deon Hart's combat style. She spoke to the humans rushing about beneath her feet, her eyes sparkling.

[Your combat style resembles someone I admire....]

[....]

[Have you heard of Deon Hart?]

[....Why would our Commander's name come up here?]

[Commander? Deon?]

[Deon? What's the connection between you and our Commander?]

Building camaraderie happened in an instant.

[Wow, he was famous even in the human realm? Deon, as expected!]

[He had such influence even in the demon realm...! As expected of our Commander!]

How much had they gossiped about Deon Hart's status and exploits in each camp? Suddenly, Silua spoke up with a thought that crossed her mind.

"Anyway, you wanted to meet Deon, right? Well... since you're his subordinates, I guess it's fine. It's still hard to fully believe...."

It wouldn't matter if there were any issues; they could just be killed when the time came.

With a casual shrug, she added as if something had occurred to her.

"But still, I don't want to get scolded by the Demon Lord, so I'll let you play the bad roles."

[...?]

[As Deon's subordinates with exceptional skills, you were the ones who caught me. I couldn't help it.]

....That was the beginning of the disturbance, and Deon Hart, who emerged outside, witnessed the scene.

'These lunatics.'

How did they catch the 7th Legion Commander? No, judging by the atmosphere, it seemed like the 7th Legion Commander had willingly been captured.

Unconsciously, he reached for the handle of the dagger at his waist. Although he had been wearing a dagger holster as if fully armed every time he left the room, it wasn't for this.

Suppressing the impulse to clench his fist, he approached the riotous hostage takers with measured steps. As all eyes turned to him, his restrained voice flowed gracefully.

"What are you doing here?"

"We've come to see the Commander!"

"Commander? Where?"