147. Plaudite (6)

147. Plaudite (6)

[Keep an eye on Daniel. It doesn't matter where, just let me know immediately if he enters or leaves somewhere suspicious.]

The moment she learns about the hemophilia will be crucial.

I'm not in my right mind. Judging from Cruel's investigation, Daniel was usually rational, so it's likely that the moment of weakness was a unique occurrence.

It's an unparalleled opportunity, even a fool would know that.

"However, the timing of when we find out is the problem."

While we could manipulate Daniel's actions and adjust the timing from our end, it's not as easy as it sounds, especially with the Duke keeping an eye on things. We can't move recklessly in this situation.

Cruel resolved to be flexible in dealing with the given circumstances rather than risking his life by reaching out to the revolutionary army.

"Will contact be made when Deon is in the Empire, or when he's absent?"

It would be best if contact is made while Deon is present, but it doesn't matter either way.

The main objective is to pit the revolutionary army against the Duke, and the secondary objective is to prevent the revolutionary army's leader from killing Deon. Both of these premises are conditions that influence the latter.

Contrary to his initial mindset, the contact came when Deon was at the Empire, and even within reach at the venue.

Cruel, who had been watching his brother with a complicated gaze as his condition worsened rapidly, let out a faint sigh.

"I'm sorry, Deon, but opportunities must be seized when they arise."

Your deteriorating condition only strengthens my resolve.

I hope you understand that the plan is to ensure the revolutionary army leader doesn't lay a hand on you directly. Please understand.

With forced determination, he opened his mouth.

"Go and tell Deon. Tell him to go home without wandering the streets needlessly."

That child never listens to me, especially not since "that day."

I need to act faster than Deon. Cruel flipped his robe and hurriedly changed his position.

"That child... just mention the East Street where the festival is being held when you're chatting near him."

"Are you really just going to do that for money...?"

"Yeah."

He had been monitoring the revolutionary army leader's movements in real-time since news came in. Currently, the leader is wandering around the Dei District in a daze.

They need to meet. Inducing the child's movements for this purpose wasn't difficult.

Cruel's plan was simple.

"The key is to show 'someone who seems like they're going to die soon's' hemophilia to the revolutionary army leader and make it look like it overlaps with his mother's."

This would make him anxious.

"He made the revolutionary army for the sake of his ailing mother, to show her the dream she dreamed of before she passed away... was that it?"

It would be strange if he didn't get anxious thinking about this.

But to provoke him further, he needs to meet the Duke, their greatest ally. The Duke will probably object. The Duke only joined hands with the revolutionary army to counter it, not out of support.