155. Traitor of Humanity, Deon Hart (3)

There is no reason to refuse. There was never any intention to refuse in the first place.

No matter how powerful the Empire may be, there are limits to standing alone against the demon realm. The King of Sankoku also knows this fact, which is why he can be so confident.

The Emperor quietly rubbed the back of his hand.

He knows that the King of Sankoku has already prepared for the struggle after forming the alliance and is now teasing him like this.

'A little disappointing.'

If Sankoku didn't have the label of a vassal state, or even if they did but didn't know how to use it, and instead acted as a mediator by simply emphasizing the synergy of what Luech and the Empire possess, then in the future alliance, the influence of Sankoku could have been diminished.

The Emperor, having roughly grasped the opponent's intellect, thought that he would soon become quite exhausted, and as he lowered his eyes, he momentarily paused upon noticing something. Whether his pause seemed hesitant or not, the King of Sankoku added:

"The most prioritized enemy should be the demon realm."

"...Yes."

It wasn't because of that, but there was certainly a lingering question that couldn't be voiced, having been swallowed because he couldn't ask first.

According to the demon realm's claims, this war is happening because of the Empire, but is that alright? Even if that's not the case, the Empire has been waging wars of conquest until now, so is it really without any emotions at all?

Because speaking out rashly could become a weakness, he had been swallowing it up, but it seems the King of Sankoku already knew.

'This much is fine.'

Even though Sankoku might be slightly disadvantaged in the future alliance, the Empire is not so easygoing as to be overly concerned about just that.

And it wasn't because of that alone. A silent smirk spread faintly across the Emperor's face.

'Surely, the curse was removed through the sorcerer.'

Perhaps because the war continued, the hallucinations became more intense.

But now is not the time. Without showing that he noticed anything, he slowly raised his head to face the two kings, nodding slowly.

"I have heard your opinions well."

"So, are you...?"

"If it's not a war between the demon realm and the human realm, then accept it gladly."

When the news spread throughout the human realm that Deon Hart had sided with the demon realm, who suffered the most damage?

Deon Hart?

How could one punish someone who is not even in the human realm?

The betrayer of humanity and the unbridled anger of the people. The anger of those who were just too big to be killed easily simmered down obediently toward the Murderous Ghost Knights, who had been quietly waiting under the Emperor's orders.

"Damn it, yeah! Before killing the demons, let's start with you guys!"

"Are we easy targets?! Huh? Are we?!"

"Since we only live for today, we'll kill as many of you as we can!"

"Your Majesty... Ah, never mind! If we agree to handle both guilds, it should be fine!"