159. Traitor of Humanity, Deon Hart (7)

"......I want to eliminate all the Incubi in the world right before my eyes."

"Oh, that's..."

Ben sighed as if it was a pity.

However, with Ed visibly annoyed, ready to argue, and the comedic scene unfolding before him, Deon turned his head to see Hein approaching.

For the first time, the gardener of the Demon King's castle held a normal-looking flower, smiling brightly towards him.

"It's a flower from the human realm!"

"...But haven't you only shown and gifted flowers from the demon realm until now? Why bother?"

"Recently... You've spent an unprecedented amount of time in the demon realm. I thought you might miss the human realm..."

Though he clearly wasn't interested in flowers, it was a strangely captivating one.

A flower that, despite knowing it draws attention, doesn't feel uncomfortable; instead, it gives off a gentle feeling.

Is this what they call a flower from the human realm?

"Where did you get it?"

"There's a well-groomed little hill near the human realm's border. On top of it, this flower was blooming beautifully and caught my eye..."

"A hill?"

"Yes! There were neatly trimmed stones in front of it."

A grave. The standing stones were gravestones.

It's absurd that someone would make a grave near the border, but it's even more absurd for Hien to bring a flower from a grave. It's fortunate that he didn't bring a flower 'placed' on the grave.

'...Didn't the demons avoid making graves?'

If so, this is even more unexpected.

I glanced at the other demons watching this scene. As expected, they all seemed oblivious to the situation.

Ah, just one. Ed, who often traveled to the human realm, had turned pale.

"How dare you bring a flower from somewhere..."

"Hein."

Once again, Ed's words were cut off.

Deon, who had been silently observing the flower in Hien's hand without reaching out, raised his gaze to Hein. His lips slowly curled up as if drawing a grin.

"It seems my temperament has sharpened lately. Bringing a flower from the human realm and cautiously watching... that's how you see it."

"That, that's not what I meant."

"Thank you."

"...!"

Even though it should feel uncomfortable to have a grave nearby, there was no sense of discomfort with the flower blooming on it.

Hein, with wide eyes due to the positive meaning, froze. As Dan approached to receive the flower, just before Dan could take it from Hein's hand, Ed swiftly snatched it away.

'...He's really keeping a tight rein on Dan.'

Come to think of it, Ed's reaction was quite strong when Dan first appeared.

He had a shocked expression, yelling something like 'Am I not enough for you!'

[You... You think I'm not enough. That's why you don't easily trust and rely on me. But still... I'll try harder to earn your trust...!]