102. The Hunting Competition (3)

102. Hunting Competition (3)

"Sure, while you were away on the mission, they destroyed another building. Well, they still need the punishment, but I thought I should get the captain's permission first."

"..."

"Of course, it's not mandatory. If you don't like it, I can handle it with the Imperial Knights alone."

The prince's attitude seemed cautious, as if interpreting my sinking expression differently.

Not because of that... These guys caused trouble again? Destroyed a building?!

Damn it.

A voice as cold as my expression emerged.

"Feel free to use them."

"Sure... If you don't like it, I can't help it... Huh?"

"With this, I might be able to repay their misdeeds. I thank the generosity of the master and offer my command with joy. Feel free to use it as much as you want."

You can even take them away.

The prince's expression subtly changed. Holding his sword, he argued with the Imperial Knights, then glanced at the chaotic scene and, besides the fact that the punitive action was finishing without major problems, he smiled back at Lianne's confused expression.

"What are you talking about? The whole world knows that only you can control them. You're making quite a bold joke."

"Yes?"

"It must have been quite annoying, but thanks for willingly joining me, Count."

So... Am I bundled with those crazy guys?

Damn it, he got me.

...

While riding on a horse, I thought.

"Oh, my butt hurts."

Considering the vast forest, riding a horse was natural, but my frail body wasn't making it any easier. Luckily, the only good thing was that I didn't have to take the lead.

No, no. Wait a minute. I need to get hurt; otherwise, I can't go home!

That was the decision I made while being dragged along with those crazy guys.

If I escape right now by sweeping away the monsters like before, the hunting competition will be held. Then, I will have to participate. Will we be discovered if I go with Dan like this?

"I want to go home..."

Sighing with regret about the twisted situation, I poked the bizarre creature with my finger. It didn't like that and twisted my finger with its leaves, breaking it.

"Ugh, you crazy bastard...! Let go. Won't let go?!"

"Your Grace? What's going on!"

"Don't come in!"

The first punitive action was over, and now only the hunting competition remained.

Even though nothing happened, I felt drained. I walked across the outdoor social hall with a tired face. The lady and the maids covered their mouths with fans as I passed by, whispering, but I ignored them, not wanting to bother.

I'm tired. I just want to go inside the tent for a moment.

"Master, are you going inside?"

"Yes, Lianne. Handle it properly, tie them up well so they don't cause any more trouble."

"Understood. I will inform you when the Crown Prince begins the opening speech."

"And Dan..."

"Yes."

"Until the hunting competition, you are free to do as you please. Just don't follow me."

"Yes..."

Dan, who was following behind me, stopped his steps. His face looked a bit sulky, but after roughly waving his hand, he entered.

After putting the heavy and cumbersome bag on the table with an order not to touch it, I looked over the flowerpot. A sigh escaped as I faced the stubborn thing.

"How am I supposed to handle this for real..."

Do I have to keep taking care of it until I return to the Demon Realm?

But if I participate in the hunting competition like this and I have to go with Dan... Will we be discovered?

"I want to go home..."

Sighing with regret about the twisted situation, I poked the bizarre creature with my finger. It didn't like that and twisted my finger with its leaves.

"Ugh, you crazy bastard...! Let go. Won't let go?!"

"Your Grace? What's going on!"

"Don't come in!"