125. Guardian Of The World (2)

125. The Guardian of the World (2)

A speckled seed with mold blossoming like a fist doesn't seem pretty at all. I don't even bother to look back, focusing on that seed alone.

Even if it's the first time seeing such a seed, damn gardeners' children.

Finally, the elven king's gaze lands on me. His emerald green eyes spark with interest.

"Yeah, the Mermaid Queen could see the future... I've seen her briefly before, but she's quite an interesting human. Hey, human, what's your name?"

"Deon Hart... sir."

Whispering my name, I shoot a glance at Hien just in case, though it's obvious he didn't hear. The elven king seems to have noticed the situation and nods in understanding.

"Hmm... okay, I'll remember that."

You don't have to remember. Please forget.

Regardless of my feelings, the elven king scrutinizes me as if giving me a review, then turns his head to look at the demon king. His voice, now much softer than before, addresses the demon king.

"Demon King, why did you bring this human here? Did he have something important to say?"

"In the abyss, the scenery here is the most beautiful."

"...What?"

"I brought him here to provide some mental stability."

"This is not a tourist spot!"

The tone rises again.

...Isn't it a bit inappropriate to fight now? I'm sure the woman called the Mermaid Queen mentioned the death of the demon king. Why no reaction?

"Did I hallucinate?"

I raised my head slightly and saw the woman who still held onto my shoulders. As if sensing the gaze, she lowered her head straight to meet my eyes and smiled gently.

I quickly turned my head away. It felt awkward, as if there was an inexplicable kindness in her eyes.

Behind me, a soft and elegant voice came.

"It seems you're quite disliked by the world, Demon King. This hero appearing this time is no joke."

"Since our race itself is a thorn in the world's eyes, it's nothing new. Rather, isn't foreseeing the future similar to prophecy? The future you saw can change at any moment."

"Well... this future is a bit special... If it can be changed, that would be a miracle."

"As I said, the world is eager."

A statement from both leaders. Even if I don't know much, I could sense it's not something to be ignored.

Yet, the demon king remains calm in the face of the threatening remarks. Without any disturbance, his smooth face forms a smirk.

"Can I tell you an interesting fact?"

As always, the demon king's light and relaxed voice fills the space, and his unique atmosphere starts to dominate.

With a fist bump and a slightly crooked stance, he teasingly points his fingers at the tense leaders.

"Do you know what humans call the power we demons use?"

Laughter echoes through the vast space.

In the clear but distinct laughter that pierces my ears, not only me but also the two leaders are left speechless.

Without waiting for a response that wouldn't come, the demon king himself provides the answer.

"Miracle."