113. They Actually Knew (7)

He was startled and adjusted his clothes.

Daring to have disheveled attire in front of the Emperor. Of course, there had been times when he had been covered in blood, and it seemed too late now... But still, there was a big difference between pretending to care and not caring.

...In the meantime, where did the button run off to? After attempting to search for the missing button around his collar a few times, he gave up and cautiously lifted his head to gauge the Emperor's reaction.

Fortunately, he seemed to understand my embarrassed feelings and tactfully changed the subject.

"Check his wrist too. The bone was dislocated. I relocated it back, but there might be unexpected problems."

The curse of the Demon King weakened the body. The increased frequency of coughing up blood was also attributed to it. This was the information Cruel knew about the curse.

Nevertheless, whether he was moving perfectly fine as before due to incorrect information or a committed effort to hide any weaknesses remained uncertain.

Cruel, along with everyone present, observed Deon Hart trying desperately to cover the stigma. Looking at the way he was attempting to conceal it, they were convinced it was the latter.

"Even though he had coughed up blood, he extended his wrist, complaining about the pain without mentioning it."

The blood on his hands was carelessly wiped on the hem of his clothes.

The real weakness, the hemorrhage, was overlooked as inconspicuously as possible, while a less critical weakness was revealed. It was a strategy to present a useless weakness that was already known and wouldn't be beneficial even if exposed.

It wasn't intoxication or unnecessary exaggeration. The Emperor seemed to have noticed it but pretended not to see, turning his head towards the physician to instruct him to treat his wrist.

"The bone is already relocated, so there's no need for additional treatment. We'll bandage it; refrain from using your wrist for a while. And..."

He didn't continue. Gazing at Deon with a tearful expression, the physician stopped talking. It was evident that he pitied him, tightly holding his hands. Although he understood the sentiment, it was inconvenient. What they tried so hard to hide and pretend not to know was now being laid bare for all to see.

It had to be stopped. However, Cruel couldn't move. The Duke was watching. He had already gone to great lengths to make himself suspicious, and for the sake of future events, moving any further was dangerous.

Instead, he turned to the Emperor. Fortunately, he seemed to share the same thoughts and quietly called the physician.

"You've done well; withdraw. And, Count Hart, you should go back and rest."

"...Thank you for your consideration."

Deon turned away. To prove that he was fine, he refused even the cautious words of the knight who wanted to support him and confidently left the space on his own.

As Senger, who happened to enter, saw him, he cast a glance at Cruel. His gaze lingered here while lightly clenching and unclenching his fist, causing Cruel to pause.

'...In this condition.'

It must be done.

It was his own plan. He had been monitoring him all along, and now the opportunity had arrived. Even if he hadn't experienced it, he knew that this was an unprecedented opportunity.