119. Individual Movements (3)

"I don't think it's possible for me. Even objectively, Father is handsome, and with his status, if he really likes men, it won't be difficult for him to move on."

"...Do we really have to go to such lengths?"

"There will be a war with the demon realm soon. And Deon Hart is still the empire's most dangerous and unpredictable hero. My intuition is telling me that."

There is no concrete evidence.

Moreover, the princess doesn't even know that Deon Hart has been to the demon realm.

The crown prince, who was watching the princess, who pointed at Deon Hart based on her limited information and relied on her instincts, sighed.

"Indeed... Now is the opportune time to tie him to the imperial family."

If we miss this timing, we may not get another chance.

The crown prince, who clenched his fist for a moment, closed his mouth and pondered. Then, he slyly rolled his eyes and, looking at the princess's sparkling eyes, closed his eyes and stood up.

"Please don't forget that I have the duty to establish a successor."

"Oh, of course. After firmly tying him down."

Feel free to meet the woman my brother wants.

The princess shook hands with a smile.

To the extent that other people heard it, they paid attention to the princess's argument, and even the crown prince, who looked at the princess with unbiased eyes, was willing to listen.

The princess was as open-minded as the crown prince.

"I visited you regarding your appointment as an honorary marquis."

"...If it's an appointment letter, I've already received it."

And what is this bouquet of flowers...?

Now that I think about it, even his hair looks different, and it seems like he took extra care of his appearance. Is he planning to meet a woman after meeting me?

The crown prince, who was more brightly dressed than usual and casually let one side of his usually messy hair down, laughed lightly and spoke.

"They sent a hasty appointment letter. Since His Majesty is busy, he sent the appointment letter in a hurry, but he probably won't just accept the title without going through the procedure of pledging allegiance, right?"

"Would it be necessary to say it like that?"

Why do you speak like that? Are you trying to kill someone?

Feeling the threat to life, I urgently shook my head. He smiled as if it were a joke and extended the bouquet he had been holding.

"I guess you can relax. His Majesty said there was no need for such formality as pledging allegiance just to make you a viscount. He said a pledge without sincerity is unnecessary. I came today just because I wanted to see the new marquis."

What is this? It feels too intense in another sense.

Pointing at the bouquet held out to me, I hesitated and opened my mouth hesitantly.

"...Um, the flowers...?"

"This is a gift to celebrate becoming an honorary marquis and winning first place in the hunting competition."

"Uh... thank you."

"And there's a bit of jewellery and money... It's the prize money from the hunting competition, a reward for you, who was praised by His Majesty at the hunting competition."