121. Uncomfortable Daily Life (2)

"Demon Lord Arut, welcome. I'm glad you came back early."

"Ed?"

"Yes, please give me your outerwear and have a seat over there."

Ed, who naturally took my outerwear, led me to a chair that was casually placed. As I sat down, Ben, who was standing in front of me, started to scrutinize me from head to toe.

Watching him absentmindedly, I belatedly called out with curiosity.

"Ben...?"

"Yes, Demon Lord. Excuse me for a moment."

Ben, who had been fiddling with the bandaged wrist, looked at the magical stone hanging on my neck and frowned as if something had come to his mind.

"Would you like to lie down?"

"...?"

"Ed, could you? Please lie down on the Demon Lord's bed quickly."

No... what is this all of a sudden...

In a sudden situation, Ed approached me as if to hug me, and I panicked and stood up.

I don't know what's going on, but for now, it's better to just follow along. Even if I don't, they won't be able to do anything with force.

'Rather than experiencing such humiliation, it's better to just follow along...'

I walked slowly and lay down on the bed. As Ben pressed various points on my stomach, he tilted his head with a puzzled expression.

"There were clear signs of injury... but you seem much better now."

"Is that so?"

So, it was this serious.

It seems the examination is over. It's fortunate that I've improved a lot. I tried to sit up quietly, but I couldn't resist Ben's strength pressing on my shoulders and ended up lying down again.

'Why, I said I'm fine... Can't I get up?

"Oh, I apologize for being late. Demon Lord, are you feeling well?"

"Didn't we just check that?"

"Despite receiving strong signals like nosebleeds, there's a strange lack of simple indicators like increased blood pressure or faster heartbeats. It's as if the signals are too weak, disjointed, and hard to understand..."

"My body is fine. But is that an error? In that case, should we change it..."

"No, even if we change it, initially, proper signals come through, but then it becomes the same as now..."

You already changed it.

Wasn't that using my blood as a material? Judging by the conversation, it seemed like it wasn't just once or twice. When did you take it?

Muttering to myself, a hypothesis suddenly came to mind.

"Could it be a spatial issue..."

"Absolutely not. If that were the case, proper signals would have come through by now."

Oh, right...

I closed my mouth again.

"More importantly, Demon Lord, please take care of your body. Every time a signal comes, I can't do anything and can only worry. Do you have any idea how maddening it is?"

Come to think of it, this guy was my attending physician. Being a dedicated physician, it was certainly enough to cause some anxiety.

Should I be thankful or sorry...