- ER -

Lucas was playing his own system; he knew the consequences!

By authorising Raymond's release, he was luring MI6 into his trap. Lucas knew there was a MI6 informer inside Interpol itself. Raymond was released, via the programme. He was driven out of the underbuilt to reside in a temporary apartment in Berlin.

Lucas faced his own hearing at HQ. He was summoned, to attend an internal hearing for overriding his authority. Lucas wasn't all to concerned, Eric was on the three man board and he was aware of the trap. In no uncertain terms Lucas had removed himself from Interpol's legal conflict against MI6. 

Their argument stated that he placed himself above Interpol.

Eric:

"Lucas, Raymond will be back here. He's en-route as we speak, I will him interview again."

"Raymond under witness protection, NO, the expenditure, is half a million per year, to safeguard a drugs baron. He deserves prison time, Lucas we can't justify paying out to protect a criminal."

"We understand why you acted. We do Lucas...but sorry you were too generous....you are removed from this case...not your position; this case. I have to tell you Lucas, to hand over all files to me. I'm running the case now."

Lucas:

"38yrs with Interpol. I never make a mistake...suddenly you decide, that 5M a year was generous...Eric; I hope you prove my generosity was wrong...you wouldn't get anything more from him; than I got. Your case, your files...prove me wrong!"

Raymond was the bait and he felt the hurt as Interpol brought him back. Lucas had been neat in his line of questioning; as he was wearing a wire. He only extracted the intel that Amy could use as the NI face.