- BE -

The bestowed honour, brought a welcomed return to Belfast city airport. 

Amy signed herself in at the presentation Hall's reception book. Andrea, was her invited quest. Roughly 20 people were present in the audience. A Sinn Fein representative, sat along with 2 DUP members to the front.

Ken sat amongst well respected Northern Ireland and British journalists. His invitation came directly from the University board. Southern Ireland were represented by the independent's criminal correspondent. Andrea was given a seat beside Ken. 

On a grey Friday afternoon, Amy Hayes, received her Honorary Degree, with utter gratitude.  

Speech:

"Standing here, in ceremonial garments; I'm truly humbled. It's an amazing honour, one I never dreamt possible. I was shunned twice by his University. Maybe that's what makes this privilege even more satisfying."

"Equally I'm very grateful that independent journalism is rewarded."

"My own uncle, once said that silence in life, is the worst criminal offence. He was killed in the Omagh bombings, the silence behind that act of terrorism was criminal; It was truly criminal."

- Amy pauses for breath -

"Someone was taken, My friend a good friend, Chris Farren is gone forever. I miss you, All your friends in the Alicante Trans community miss you, I know they do Christy."

- Ken looked on -

"Christy; I will accept this Degree, in your honour, in your memory." 

The presentation concluded with a standing ovation for Amy. Andrea watched as her new found partner was applauded by everyone.