- AN:1 -

Amy's task, was to analysis 25yrs of British corruption in Northern Ireland.

As agreed, she used a disconnected laptop to access the drive. 1,182,467 files were stored in chronological order; 1995 - 2020. This was any journalist's idea of heaven. 470GB was front loaded with MI5 influence prior to the 1998, Good Friday agreement.

The IRA had gotten hold of an MI5 report from agent Callaghan; after Billy Wright's killing, Dec 1997 inside the Maze prison. 

Callaghan stated within his MI5 report; 

We helped and we allowed his execution, simply to appease the Republican's, via the INLA killing. This wasn't needed on the loyalist side of Belfast, it wouldn't happen again. It's a warning to the LVF and the UDA, that we control all loyalists paramilitaries. 

 This was the beginning of Amy's journey into the corrupt aftermath of the troubles.

Listed under 1996 classified MI5 files; Amy found the Callaghan file. It was Raymond Benson's own life story. From 1975-1977 he was involved with the "Shankill Butchers" he cleaned their vans and incinerated their clothing. Back then he was a Loyalist fanatic, plus he was trusted in the Shankill area. 

At 18yrs Raymond was directly recruited by MI5. He tipped of his handler on what was being discussed inside the UVF. Amy was disgusted that M15 were fully aware of the butchery of 19 innocent Catholics. 

The file noted; some intel was leaked backwards to get Raymond up the ranks. He was informing the inner council of potential IRA strikes via more MI5 informers.

Amy had braced herself for the worst, and Ken's reference to bad blood was justified. Raymond had MI5 label Kenneth as an Belfast IRA bomb maker, yet the RUC charges stated; he was a subversive IRA political journalist. Raymond was responsible for his incardination in the Maze, along with other 7 Catholics with no links to the IRA whatsoever.

Years had passed since the infamous execution of an Irish solicitor in Feb 1989, but it was recorded on Raymond's classified reports. He notified his MI5 handler, one week before the murder, that the UDA intended to kill Patrick.