- US -

Hashim had brokered his own unique deal!

An obscene double-cross saw Raymond released. He was driven away in a Land-rover, with the agreed 5M. The driver got him to the Portuguese boarder. At a routine boarder check, the SUV was stopped and he was arrested along with the driver.   

Self preservation, enabled Hashim, to work with Interpol and the IRA. Prior to the interrogation the IRA made contact with his top intermediate. On offer was a lumpsum of 1 Billion, regardless of the amount of money transferred. The caveat, was indisputable silence.  

Unbeknown to James or Raymond, Lucas was dealing directly with the Garda. The same superintendent was colluding with the IRA-SC. Both Irish parties wanted the DDCO taken out. 

Ray was now in Portuguese custody, with no links to Interpol's interface. The 5M was stolen cash, that was linked to a UK heist, in late June 2018. He had laundered the money himself.

Despite the hard-drive recording, Interpol didn't have sufficient evidence to arrest Ray. Interpol passed him over to an internal investigation unit, via the Spanish national police. The charges against him were trafficking underage girls to Marbella, Spain. 

The accusations relied on witness statements. Amy's own files included 19 girls she had interviewed in person. The HUB had issued these files to the investigation unit.

On top off money laundering for a US, wanted, Irish criminal network. He was also facing a long pre-trial detention in Spain. This situation was an affront to his hardman reputation in NI.

The national police acted with pace and Raymond Benson was taken back to Spain.