53

Chapter 53 Article 53

October 18th is a good time to get married.

The imperial edict of marriage was issued on the eighteenth day, but it was no longer more than a month.

Although the time was short, the splendid scene in Prince Qi's Mansion was not small. It would not be an exaggeration to say that half the city was in red makeup.

Although the families in the capital still couldn't figure out why King Qi would let the crown prince marry the daughter of a fifth-grade doctor as his concubine, he also specially requested a decree for her.

However, since the King of Qi's position was here, he still had to send prominent members of his family to attend the wedding banquet.

Even the emperor and empress ordered the prince and Princess An Ning to come in person to deliver congratulatory gifts.

The wedding process is lengthy, especially when the prince is getting married, which is naturally even more complicated.

Walk in the morning to welcome the bride at dusk, welcome the bride in the morning, and perform the ceremony in the evening.

Naturally, Princess An Ning and the Prince could not wait from morning to afternoon, but arrived at Prince Qi's Mansion before dusk.

Yu Xian followed Shen Xining, pretending to be a bit submissive, but in fact he was laughing at Shen Mu in his heart.

The last time they met, Yu Xian was deeply impressed by the two curls of mustache on Shen Mu's mouth.

Today I saw Shen Mu, who was wearing the prince's regular clothes and looking serious, and it felt awkward no matter how I looked at him.

Especially when Shen Mu took the time to show his teeth and grin when no one was paying attention, he was just like a child with ADHD. I don't know how he held it back when he went to court.

When the prince comes in person, even the King of Qi will greet him personally.

The group exchanged a few polite words and were led into a side hall.

King Qi's appearance is similar to Shen Mu's. He is more amiable due to his age, and he seems to be an amiable uncle.

Along the way, everything he did was no different from that of an ordinary uncle.

Not only was he concerned about the prince's studies, but he also teased Shen Mu's future marriage appropriately.

Even Yu Xian, who was obviously following Princess An Ning and pretending to be a maid, got a few words.

Yu Xian deliberately looked at Shen Xining's face and replied to him, as if Princess An Ning would not dare to say anything more if she frowned.

There was a hint of sincerity in the kind smile on King Qi's face.

There was only one table in the side hall, and the only people who could sit down were Shen Xining and Yu Xian. With the addition of King Qi, it seemed even more empty.

The sound of firecrackers came from the courtyard, covering up other sounds in the side hall.

After three rounds of drinking, King Qi put down his teacup, his smile still friendly: "My nephew, I would like to personally give you a gift for my son today. Can you allow me to ask you for something?" His words sounded

fine in rough terms, but in detail After thinking about it, there are problems everywhere.

Shen Mu had roughly guessed what he wanted to say, and with a smile on his face, he wondered: "Uncle King Qi's palace is prosperous, what is it that needs my nephew's help?"