⭒ CLXXXI ⭒

Hi friends! New chapter! I'm having so much fun writing and I cant wait to continue doing so ♥️ thank you for being here, for your votes, your comments and just your support in general. Means the world ♥️ please enjoy this chapter!

Word count: 3578

~~

The rest of the night, they spent dancing and singing and talking and having fun together. Gracie even sang for a bit, and they all loved that she had the confidence to do so.

Tyler plopped down on the couch next to Josh. "Hi", he said. "Hi", Josh smiled. Tyler had been spending some time with other people - some of Josh's friends, quite a bit with Luca, Tom, Finn, Jona and Fred to get to know them better too; he and Tyler hadn't talked for a while which Josh didn't mind, but the moment Tyler sat down next to him he felt his heart rate speed up.

"Before we all leave, I need you to drum something for us", Tyler said. "I- no, no no", Josh said. "Ah c'mon J, I just wanna see you drum! Pleaaaase", Tyler pleaded. "I- I can't do that with so many people watching, I just- I don't- I don't know how", he said. "What if I do it with you? And Steve too? Something everyone knows", Tyler shrugged. "Like what?" Josh asked. "I don't know, what's a song everyone knows and probably learned to play at some point in their lives? Something from the Beatles probably", Tyler said.

"You don't like the Beatles", Josh chuckled. "I... you're right, I don't like most of the Beatles", Tyler chuckled. "But I'd sing it for you!" he said. "I don't wanna do the Beatles", Josh said with a laugh. "I don't wanna do anything."

"Not doing so isn't an option", Tyler said. "It is. I'm choosing for that", Josh replied. "No it's not. You have no other choice but to play with me", Tyler replied. "I wouldn't even know what to play", Josh said.

"Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls", Steve then said as he appeared behind them, crouching down as he rested his arms on the back rest of the couch. "Everyone knows how to play that one."

"Excellent. Let's do that", Tyler said. "Wh- but-", Josh started. "Do you know how to play it?" Tyler asked. "W-well, yeah, but-" "Perfect! Let's do it, us three", Tyler said. "C'mon, it'll be fun!" Steve smiled at Josh, who was so nervous and anxious about doing so, but also... how cool would it be to do so? He felt the anxiety in his chest, but seeing how excited Tyler and Steve both were to play with him, even after they said they were done for the night... They were willing to get back up there if that meant they could do it with Josh. He didn't know how to say no.

"Okay", Josh softly said.

"What! Really?!" Tyler exclaimed excitedly, and Josh blushed. "Yeah", he said as he looked down. Then he felt arms around him as Tyler hugged him tightly and Steve ruffled his hair a little bit. "Awesome. Let's do it", he said as he got up. "I'll do acoustic. You can do that electric solo", he told Tyler. "Sure! Oh man I can't believe we're actually doing it. This is so exciting", Tyler grinned widely as he got up and he reached for Josh's hand, pulling him up to his feet.

"What's happening?" Kit asked as he saw Josh a little reluctantly getting up on the stage too. "We're playing a song with Josh!" Tyler smiled triumphantly. "Wait really?" Colin asked, surprised. "Well he kind of prefers if we don't but I wanna do so very badly, so... yes", Tyler said. "He might hate me after this but I hope not."

"Here you go", Steve smiled as he handed Josh the drumsticks. "Let me know if you need anything okay?" He said as Josh sat down. "Thanks", Josh smiled softly. Steve got the acoustic guitar and Tyler the electric one. He hung it around his neck and shoulder but moved it back so it was resting on his back instead.

"We're doing a cover", Tyler smiled. "A classic, or so they say", he said in a funny voice, and Steve rolled his eyes with a laugh. Josh took a deep breath, breathing out shakily as he did so. He looked at the drums, the sticks in his hand, Steve, Tyler, then back at Steve.