⭒ CXLIX ⭒

Hi! Welcome! I just wanna say that I was able to bang out 2,5 chapters yesterday and that's a LOT and that also means I can upload 3 times this week ♥️ just wanna say tho that I'll be in Disneyland on Friday so if there's no update then I either forgot or didn't have the chance lol but if that's the case then I'll upload it later that day or Saturday!

Hope I get to write more this week, been really enjoying it & I'm adding some time skips & we're heading into the right direction 🫶🏻

Hope you'll enjoy this chapter! And I hope to hear from you and see your votes. Love you all so much, thank you for being here ♥️ means the world!!

Word count: 4133

~~

"Alright babes scoot over, we're coming in!" Tom said as he zipped the tent open. "We're here to look at the polaroids!" He climbed into their tent.

"Wait there's absolutely no way that's gonna fit", Fred said. "Sure it is! It's just gonna get cozy", Luca said as he followed Tom into the tent next. "I- I'm not sure", Josh said. When Finn climbed in, it was getting really tight. By the time it was Jona's turn, he couldn't fit in all the way, most of his legs having to remain outside of the tent. If he'd get in fully, they would have absolutely no space left to lay out the  Polaroids.

"Oh man", Tom said. "This is great", he smiled as Josh had laid out the photos. "I love all the doodles you drew on those", Luca said. "Those doodles make something very clear though..." Finn trailed. "Joshie has a cruuush!" He said in a sing-song voice, and Josh blushed deeply as he buried his face in his hands. "I'm gonna banish you from my tent", he  whined softly, which made them laugh. "You have to share all of those with us. I wanna keep them too, even if it's only digitally", Jona said. "I'll post them on Instagram, and send them to you all", Josh smiled. Fred kissed his temple.

"For the record, I have a crush too", Fred smiled, and Josh blushed even more but that didn't stop him from kissing Fred, which made all of the guys go wooo as they saw it.

"Now get out! We have to take down these tents", Fred laughed.

//

As they were all packed up, they went to their cars. Josh felt sad that the weekend was over. He wanted to be able to do this every day. He wished the days hadn't gone by so fast. He wished he could've enjoyed so much more. They packed everything in their cars and since they were both heading north, they were able to drive part of it together. They  made a stop after a while, having lunch with the six of them, sitting  together one last time, Josh could snap a few more Polaroids, before they said goodbye to Finn and Jona and they went separate ways.

Fred and Josh sat in the back of the car, windows cracked as they let the late summer breeze flow through their hair. They sang along to the Offspring and talked, Josh cuddled up to Fred as they saw the world pass by through the window, all the way up until Cincinnati.

There, they said goodbye to Tom and Luca, hugging them tightly and promising to see each other soon. Fred and Josh got into the front seats of the car now, and they drove back to Detroit.

Josh held Fred's hand sometimes, when it got busy on the road he'd let go so Fred had both hands on the wheel for extra control. They listened to bands they'd seen at the festival, and Josh was getting into Trash Boat even more now. He was excited to wear the merch he'd gotten from Tyler and I Prevail, and even more excited to tell all of their friends about  their adventures.

He was also scared of getting back to Detroit, though. Last time he and Fred had spent a weekend without the rest of their friends from college,  everything went to shit as soon as they got back. Some voice inside of Josh was telling him that this was gonna happen again. He felt anxious, his heart heavy, his chest tight. He looked over at Fred who smiled at him and everything felt much better right away, but as soon as Josh was getting lost in thought again, the fear was coming back.