⭒ LIV ⭒

Hiiii! Wasn't kidding when I said I'd be updating again soon!

It's only been two days (probably a few minutes less than that tbh) but I have written so much that my mind is in a different situation of the story than the actual story is right now and I want to close that gap a little bit 'cause I feel like I want you to be closer to what I'm currently writing. So here's another chapter!

Would love it if you could leave a vote. Thank you to everyone who always votes on ever chapter. It means the world <33

Can't hear what you think of this chapter! And I can't wait for you to catch up to where I currently am at with the story. Excited for what's to come! <3

Also... catching up with Joshie in this chapter, yay! Hope you'll enjoy that part too! c:

Let's dive in! Here's chapter 54. Enjoy, my loves!

Word count: 5608

~~

"I- I need to call him", Tyler cried as he clicked on Lucas' number, after he very difficultly told Steve what his mom had said. "Wait, Ty baby, isn't it too early to call him in Ohio?" Steve asked. Tyler shook his head no. "I-I can always c-call him", he stuttered. Steve nodded. "Okay baby", he softly said.

Lucas answered the call, half asleep still, as it was early in the morning in Ohio. But when he heard Tyler's voice, and that he was crying, he was wide awake.

""I- m-mom called and I- she- she said that- that-" Tyler stuttered, but he couldn't get the words out as he cried. "I-I don't, i can't- I- I need- I need a m-minute", Tyler stuttered as he looked at Steve. "T-tell him, please? C-can you?" Tyler asked. Steve raised his eyebrows, not expecting Tyler to ask him to talk to his ex - or best friend - so suddenly, but he saw the pain in Tyler's eyes and he nodded. Tyler gave Steve his phone as he got up and he stumbled to the bathroom.

"Ty, baby? Baby what's wrong love?" Steve heard from the other side of the line faintly, before he held Tyler's phone to his ear.

"Hey."

"Uh... who's this?" Lucas asked. "I uh- I'm Steve", Steve said. "...oh. Oh", Lucas said. "Uhm... Hi", he said, and Steve let out a soft laugh. "Bit awkward way to meet", he said and Lucas let out a nervous laugh too. "Yeah, yeah I agree", he said. "Is... is he okay..?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah! Uh, sorry, yeah. He is. Well... Uhm no- no, actually. He actually isn't really okay, at least not right now", Steve said, rambling a little 'cause he was a bit nervous. "Fuck, wait, okay", Steve muttered, taking a deep breath as he tried to calm his nerves a bit.

"Uhm... no, he's not- not great right now", he said, a lot calmer than before. "He actually just asked me if I could tell you about what happened", Steve said. "Yeah that would be great, if you don't mind", Lucas said. "'Cause I'll keep worrying sick until I know what's going on." "Uh well, as he said, his mom called", Steve said.

"And Uhm... he mentioned our- our uh, our date, and she asked if he had a new relationship and Tyler obviously said no, 'cause it is way too soon, which then resulted into him telling her that uh... that you- you and him didn't... didn't really break up until recently", he said.

"And apparently she tried to give him advice, or say some stuff about it, and... to Tyler it felt like she told him that you were... you were a uh... a... waste of time", he carefully said, not feeling great about calling Lucas a waste of time, even if those word weren't his own thoughts or words. It just didn't feel right.

"And Tyler got very upset by that", Steve added. "'Cause he thinks the opposite, and it hurts him to hear someone think that you weren't the right decision for him, or something like that", he said.