⭒ CI ⭒

Hi friends. Wanted to update last week but holy hellll my life is so busy right now, I just didn't have time! I'm working full time and renovating a house at the same time 🥲

But here's an update! Currently hiding in the bathroom stall at work to publish this for you! I try to write as often as I can but recently it's been a bit hard. I'm still trying though! And I'm still here ♥️

I hope you liked last chapter, and I hope you enjoy this one too! Thank you for sticking around and supporting me. Love you <3

Word count: 2794

~~

After Tyler and Steve both got home from their own tours, there was a lot of loving once they finally got to spend actual real time together again. Tyler was writing, and Steve was working as well, but they tried to do most of it from Steve's home - their home, as Steve always called it - just so they could spend as much possible time together as they could.

Tyler had been worn out once he got back. The tours with Imagine Dragons and the festival sets he played, had been a lot. He was glad he could finally rest a bit, even though he didn't tell anyone that he definitely needed the break. Though both Steve and Lucas wished Tyler would actually take some time off - instead of continuously writing or recording almost every moment he spent awake. He still wasn't getting the actual rest he needed. And in October, he was going back on the road again for the last leg of the Imagine Dragons tour.

He felt like he couldn't stop working because this tour was gaining him so many worldwide fans. If he wouldn't release anything new of his own soon, they'd lose interest in him. This opportunity with the band had been incredible, and he didn't want to waste it.

So Tyler had been focusing on making music the most. And luckily for him, he already had a lot of music ready to go because he'd been working on this before his album with I Prevail already.

"Hey love", Steve said after knocking and opening the door to the home studio. "What're you working on?" He asked as he pressed a kiss on Tyler's forehead. "Mhm, working on The End right now", Tyler said as he hit the space bar, and the instrumentals of the songs flooded the room, engulfing them both in the music.

"It's gorgeous", Steve said as he crouched down next to Tyler. "One of my favorites. Did you get anywhere with the lyrics?" He asked. "I'm keeping the lyrics to a minimum, I think", he said. "Sing it for me?" Steve asked as he moved Tyler's hair out of his face. It had gotten a lot longer over the past few weeks, and Tyler had mentioned several times how he needed a haircut, but then never ended up getting one because he was too busy. "Okay", Tyler smiled softly at him. He rewinded the song first, before he pulled his feet up on the chair he was sitting on.

"I'll ruin myself again, poison my well and spend the seconds and days in your blue bed. I'll rip out my heart for proof. Forgive me for all I lose, over and over, on cue."

"Then after that, I think it's just gonna be... 'the end, the end, I'm here again' several times. With backing vocals to fill up the emptiness. So far I got this... 'keep pushing it on, keep pushing it on. I got a feeling that it's all just a wash in the sun.' But I'm not sure what I think of that yet", he shrugged a little as he rewinded the song again, now unmuting the potential backing vocals he'd recorded, and he replayed the song with the backing vocals together now.

"You're a lyrical genius, Ty", Steve said as he rested his chin on Tyler's thigh, now actually sitting on the floor. "Not just lyrical. Musically as well", he said. "You're my favorite artist in the world. You always will be. And I know I might be biased, but I also know that it's my personal truth. You're getting more and more known by the day, so more and more people are finding out what I already know, but some day the whole world will know, Ty. Some day the whole world will know how incredible you are", he said.