⭒ CLXIV ⭒

Hi friends! Definitely wanted to keep my promise of releasing an extra chapter this week! So here it is ♥️

Thank you for your love, votes and comments on last chapter ♥️ means the world to me. New chapter tomorrow! Really hope enough people are able to read this one before then. I appreciate you all so much, please enjoy ♥️

Word count: 4018

~~

Fall came around and Josh had a show in Detroit planned with his full friend group. They were all gonna come up to Detroit to attend Tyler's show together. Josh was also going to see them in Illinois with Fred and his friends, and Ashley was gonna go up there for a weekend to see them as well - together with Andrew. She had talked about him after she got admitted to the hospital and started getting mental healthcare; she broke up with Andrew to soften the blow when she wouldn't be here anymore. She didn't break up because she didn't love him anymore. They got together after quickly; Andrew promised to be here support and anything that she needed, and Ashley really wanted to feel loved and cared for by him again.

They were still very much in love with each other.

So him and Ashley were going to fly to Illinois to see Tyler with them too, because Josh couldn't make it to LA and he had promised Ashley to attend a show together.

//

Before the shows in Columbus, Detroit and Illinois though, Tyler was playing shows on the west coast and inland of the US. He was over halfway through the tour when he wanted to change his setlist up.

"Okay so Mikey! I was thinking, maybe I  could start with Lonely", Tyler said as he wrote it down on a piece of  paper. He liked to have his friend's  input. "And maybe Might Never Happen after that. I haven't played that one in ages. I think they'd like it if I played that one", he said. "I'm not sure yet what  to play in between - I do wanna play Try Again and All The Drinks for sure, and I can't leave out Breathe, Breakdown Days and Change - but I was thinking of playing Broken, Selfish Art, Prove Me Wrong, Loud  and Fear of the Water on the B-stage for sure, and maybe Don't Understand too-" Tyler told Michael as he  scribbled it down.

"Gosh, Ty, when are you gonna stop doing that? Why  would you keep doing that every time again?" David then interrupted him. Tyler stopped talking  and he looked up. "Uh- what- what do you mean?" He asked. "Why do you keep singing about your exes? You  shouldn't put those songs on there. You're not with your ex", he  said. "But I... most of these, I wrote after we uh, we  separated", Tyler said. "We... weren't together."

"So? You're still singing about your ex. Both of them, who shouldn't even be on your mind. You're with me, why would you keep singing about them?",  David asked. "I- but- I- they're my- they are still my friends", Tyler tried  softly. "Yeah, I know. That's hard enough already", David replied. Tyler  felt his heart ache when he heard Dave speak those words. He swallowed  difficultly.

"Okay, no songs about exes", Tyler muttered as he crossed pretty much all of them all out, but Michael couldn't believe that Tyler was doing that.

"Okay listen up, David, why don't you shut the fuck up and let Tyler create the setlist he wants  to play", Michael said. "And stop trying to get in between Steve, Lucas and  Tyler! They're best friends. Get the fuck over it!" He said. "Michael!  Don't talk to my boyfriend like that!" Tyler said. Even the mention of their names was making Tyler feel all sorts of things, 'cause he had barely talked to Steve and Lucas in the last few months since his world tour started. It hurt.

"Tyler he's being a total asshole! He's trying to control who you hang out with and which songs you can or can't play! That's your choice, because it's your job! It's not his choice or job! Lonely is one of your most streamed songs ever together with Loud, and those songs from Astronaut and December are huge! But by his logic you would never be able to sing these or  any other ones you wrote about Lucas or about Steve live ever again! Not even the ones you wrote about William!" Michael said.  "You wouldn't be able to ever play songs off of an entire EP and most of your two most popular albums that made you so hugely successful ever again in the future!"