Family: They Were MY Family Years Before You

Here's the story:

I'm in California with mom for my Auntie Jo's Christmas party. It was a fun trip surprising both my Aunts and grammy. Especially since it was last minute because I didn't know if I'd get off work until the day before. We stayed with my Auntie Patty who my grammy lives with for the first couple of days. The thing is, When Auntie Patty married Uncle Bob nearly ten years ago, his own children joined the family.

While we were staying this weekend, Auntie Patty mentioned that Uncle Bob's daughter and son-in-law and their kids were gonna come visit on Sunday (today). Instantly, I was annoyed.

This is where the rant comes in:

They're shoving their way into the family.

At the family pictures we had for grammy's 85th birthday, Uncle Bob's daughter invited herself to be in the granddaughters / significant others of grandsons pictures.

SHE'S NOT A GRANDDAUGHTER. MY GRAMMY DIDN'T GIVE BIRTH TO EITHER OF HER PARENTS. SHE DID NOT BELONG IN THOSE PICTURES!

DISCLAIMER

I do appreciate that, since she became a part of the family, she respected my grammy. She could've been effing rude and a giant b**** to her, but she respected that she was her stepmom's family. I get that. I appreciate that.

BUT...

Inviting herself into the GRANDDAUGHTER'S pictures with grammy like she was an actual granddaughter was crossing the damn line.

[Mini, but related rant]
Uncle Bob's daughter came to grammy's birthday party that following day. She made grammy get off her comfy chair just because her lazy ass son didn't want to get out of the pool and he wanted to see her open his present. That's a whole other rant I don't need to get into, but I still needed to get a little bit of it out there (spoiled effing brats, but whatever).

THE POINT IS!

SHE IS NOT A PART OF THE FAMILY!

Grammy is my grammy YEARS before she became theirs. Auntie Patty was my aunt YEARS before she became Uncle Bob's grandkids grandmother.

I just hate how they think they're a part of grammy's family when they're only Uncle Bob's family.

Not mine.

And they never will be.