Work: It's So Unfair!

Hey y'all!

It's been a while (not really, but it feels like it)!

I thought that with it being the Christmas season that nothing could bring down my mood. Decorating the house, finally buying a new phone (possibly an iPhone), buying presents for my loved ones, wearing my Christmas charm bracelet to soak in all the Christmas spirit the charms gave me. But...

I came into work yesterday.

It didn't bother me at the moment, but being awake early, not being able to go back to sleep, thinking, it brought up all the emotions.

Some of you may know I work at a movie theater. There are people working at the food and beverages counter who have to follow a specific dress code and who need to tie their hair back and wear a certain kind of shoes. THIS IS WHERE THE RANT COMES IN:

There was someone yesterday who had their hair down (and her hair was longer than mine), was wearing black leggings and not black jeans, converse instead of black non-slip shoes (at least I think she was. I've seen her wear some before), and she had nails, like, an inch long.

WHAT IF SHE WORE GLOVES PREPARING FOOD, POKED A HOLE AND BROKE A NAIL, IT LANDED IN THE CUSTOMER'S FOOD ALONG WITH A STRAND OF HER HAIR AND SHE SLIPS ON POPCORN GREASE??

I work as a greeter and I STILL have to wear non-slip shoes. The managers were witnesses to the violations but turned a blind eye. Does her daddy own the company? Was there a coronation ceremony that made her officially become the queen of the building??

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??

What if someone from corporate came in for a surprise inspection and saw her violations as well? Would they ALSO turn a blind eye? Would they also not care about the customers if they find a strand of hair or a broken nail in their food?

I DON'T MEAN TO BE A SNITCHY B***H, BUT I'M SIMPLY THINKING ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS!

How the hell is violating all of the dress code when working with food fair while the rest of us have to follow it?

*sighs*

I don't understand what's happening to society right now.

If I finally work behind the counter, with that same co-worker and she is still violating the dress code, I'm keeping my hair down as a sign of protest.