Mom: Pressure Turns Stones Into Diamonds (Yeah, Bullshit!)

Do you ever feel pressure from your parents (especially from your mom) to be as successful as your older siblings?

Well, lately...

I've been feeling that pressure.

The first day I felt that pressure from my mom was when we were running errands and, in the car, she was talking about how much money they make doing what they do.

Let it be known that I don't even have a fucking job yet and I'm already 22 years old.

After that, I didn't feel the pressure as much.

BUT...

Last night, when we went to visit my brother and my future sister, they started talking about how much they're paying kids these days.

Again...

A lot of fucking pressure.

Of course they'd been working for a long time. Me? I HAD a job, COVID hit and I was put on standby, I was helping mom with the move, then mom and I stayed with my brother and his fiance until we could find a place so I couldn't really work then because I didn't know where we'd live, then we found a house, I helped mom with it, then we started traveling for my sister's bridal shower, her wedding, then for court (I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL! This is just guardianship stuff and my parents are trying to get rid of it, but still have the rights to help me with certain areas) and to Vegas for my Aunt's birthday. I hadn't really had the time to find a job.

My passion in life is writing, but how much money do authors really make?

How would I even begin to even PUBLISH my book?

And mom wants me to find a job near our neighborhood so she doesn't have to drive me so far away (this is where I feel like a burden to my family, but that's a rant for another day) and one that provides health insurance so that kind of limits my options.

Does anyone else have this problem with their mom or is it just me?