Mom: Now I Think I Made A $1200 Mistake

If you have read my recent message board posts, you'd know that I just bought a brand new phone! I was really excited about it because I saved up the money for a new one!

I couldn't wait until it came...

Until my mother opened her mouth.

"Someone's gonna steal it."

"You gotta be careful with where you put it at work"

"Someone could keep you distracted talking to you while their friend snatches your phone"

"They don't care about your old, five-year-old phone, but this brand, spanking new one?"

And then, today happened. My magsafe popsocket came in today.

"Is the magnet strong?"

"The sticky ones are better"

"It's gonna spin the wrong way, fall off the phone while you're holding onto it and your phone will fall to the floor and totally break"

"You're gonna need to hold onto your phone too. Not just the popsocket. Otherwise, your phone is done for"

DISCLAIMER

I know that she's just being a mom. Moms are supposed to teach you things, to nag you and help you not to make mistakes. I get that.

It's just making me regret even buying the phone in the first place. Because then, she goes on about how much money I'm spending for it.

The case.

The magsafe popsocket which will break off anyway (I don't even know why it had to be more expensive but whatever).

The screen protector I'd have to pay to be applied to the screen.

She bitches about dad nagging her about how much money she's spending and how everything's expensive, but she's doing the same damn thing to me!

I mean, it's not like I spent my money on useless crap that I don't even need. I just bought a brand new phone. That means I need to spend money on the necessary accessories like, gee, I don't know, a case, a popsocket, screen protector, anything I need to buy to keep a phone safe.

Maybe I shouldn't have bought that phone if I knew she was going to complain about how much money I'm spending on the important accessories and scare the crap out of me by saying that it's gonna be stolen if I'm not careful.

I didn't even NEED an iPhone. I just bought it because I thought mom would eventually buy one and I didn't want to be the only member of my family that didn't have one.

I would've been perfectly happy with the newest Samsung.

I apologize if I come off bratty. Like I said, I appreciate that she cares and is only trying to protect me. It's just feeling like too much.

*sighs*

QUESTION: If you have an android, would you EVER switch to an iPhone if given the opportunity? And money?