Dad: KEEP YOUR NASTY COVID GERMS TO YOURSELF!

⚠️ THIS RANT CONTAINS PARAGRAPHS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE THE ANGER ⚠️

Dad: KEEP YOUR NASTY COVID GERMS TO YOURSELF!

I have been keeping quiet about this, but recently, my parents tested positive for COVID. My mom had it longer so she's past the contagious stage, but dad's still sick with it. I've been taking my vitamins every morning and washing my hands like CRAZY.

Here's where the rant comes in:

Does it ever piss you tf off when people don't know common sense? When you live with someone that has none? When your father doesn't know the most important thing taught in kindergarten?

That's right.

You got it.

My father doesn't COVER HIS EFFING MOUTH!! He's coughing and doesn't even attempt to. And when he does (which, this barely registers as an attempt), he lifts his fist like one would when pretending to sing into a microphone and coughs.

When he uses his whole arm, he hovers it over his mouth (like, a foot away).

He claims, CLAIMS, to not want to get me sick. He said so himself to my mom that he doesn't want to get me sick.

CLEARLY, HE DOES IF HE'S NOT MAKING ANY ATTEMPT TO COVER HIS DAMN MOUTH!!! He made me breakfast this morning and when he handed me a fork, he said that he washed his hands, but considering his lack of manners, who's to say that he actually did?

I can't get sick with COVID. My body can't handle coughing fits. I have one and I can't breathe. I'm literally gasping for air. It's scary as shit!

I SWEAR, IF I GET COVID, I'M BLAMING IT ON HIM! A GROWN SIXTY-SOMETHING YEAR OLD MAN DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS COVERING HIS MOUTH WHEN HE COUGHS!!

I GET COVID, HE'S DEAD TO ME!

I GET COVID, I'M NOT SPEAKING TO HIM UNTIL I TEST NEGATIVE!

Mom says to me that sometimes you forget to cover your mouth, which I get. But you can't "forget" THAT many times in a row!

IF HE DOESN'T GROW TF UP ALREADY AND BE CAREFUL WHEN COUGHING AROUND ME, I SWEAR—

*sighs, rubs my temples as if that would teach my dad manners*

I've survived this far (knock on wood), but if he dares gives me something due to his lack of common sense, he'd be dead to me until the day I test negative.

LESSON: Do the polite thing and cover your mouth when sneezing / coughing in public or around family.