Peace and Quiet: Is That Too Much To Ask??

ᴾᵉᵃᶜᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ Qᵘⁱᵉᵗ: ᴵˢ ᵀʰᵃᵗ ᵀᵒᵒ ᴹᵘᶜʰ ᵀᵒ ᴬˢᵏ??

Picture this: you're under your warm comforter, the sun is shining through the blinds bathing you and even more warmth. The serene sound of birds singing is ringing through your ears as your read a good book. And all of a sudden, a voice interrupts the peace and who is it?

Your mother talking on the phone.

You put your free hand over your ear?

Mom: Blah, blah, blah

You cover your ear with a pillow?

Mom: Blah, blah, blah

You listen to music?

Mom: Blah, blah, blah!

Of course she doesn't know I'm trying to be read, but a still, I'm trying to enjoy a book, but I have to read the same sentence more than once, because I can't concentrate with her voice in the background.

My Dad was once on the phone - AT THE DINNER TABLE, ON SPEAKER MIGHT I ADD (because he doesn't know how to take it off speaker apparently) talking about politics (don't even get me started on my parents with politics) with my Aunt. I had to read the same paragraph, like, ten times all because he doesn't know how to use his damn phone.

I JUST WANT SOME PEACE AND QUIET!

*looks up* IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK??

We're staying at my brother's house until we move into our new house and her room is right next to mine so no matter what I do, I could still read her annoying voice!