My Parents: They're Too Fucking Social

ᴹʸ ᴾᵃʳᵉⁿᵗˢ: ᵀʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ᵀᵒᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵒᶜⁱᵃˡ

As you can tell by the title, I'm even more pissed off than I was yesterday. Yesterday's rant title contained the word 'effing', but this time, I'm not holding back.

This kept me up last night because I was imagining a scenario that I was ranting to my parents about this.

My parents were invited by a neighbor and her husband to come over for dinner last night.

The thing is...

MY PARENTS ARE TOO FUCKING SOCIAL!!!

They left at 6:30 and they came home at 11?

I don't know. I started trying to go to sleep by that point.

That's 4 1/2 hours.

4 1/2 HOURS!

My Dad kept saying: "Are you going?" "You should come" "Why won't you come with us?" Or something like that and last night when they still weren't home, I was like:

THIS IS WHY!!

You'd be talking about politics (that's what old people talk about these days) all night looooong.

They had me thinking that these neighbors were secretly serial killers luring them in with their kindness only to stab them in the chest until they were dead.

Or that they kidnapped them in their basement saying: "WE FINALLY HAVE BEST FRIENDS! YOU TWO ARE NEVER LEAVING THIS HOUSE SO WE CAN HANG OUT ALL THE TIME! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

For the love of God.

This state changed my parents. I mean, my Mom was already yapping her gums to friends before, but this changed my Dad. He used to hate people.

As a matter of fact, that was how we bonded.

Now he's grown into a social butterfly and I hate it.

HATE IT!