Communication: It's Nonexistent In This Family.

*clears throat* Now, this is a SMALL rant, but regardless, I need to get this off my chest before I explode.

On my mother.

*calmly sips tea, but internally screams*.

You see, I'm my brother's and his fiance's go-to dogsitter every time they leave town. And I don't mind dogsitting (when Kaiya isn't eating remotes and chewing on the couch cushions).

HOWEVER...

I would like some warning before you book me to dogsit. I'd rather not be informed that I'm dogsitting THE DAY BEFORE.

THE DAY BEFORE!

I knew they were going on vacation a week before Christmas, so I was MAYBE expecting to dogsit THEN. I had absolutely NO idea they pushed it back or had ANOTHER trip planned.

NO ONE TOLD ME ANYTHING!

Mom CLAIMED she did, but I looked at her from behind like: WTF??

When had she told me ANYTHING??

Maybe in her imagination?

Even if I were to confront her about it and the lack of communication, she'd INSIST that she DID in fact tell me.

WOMAN, YOU DID NOT!

THAT WAS NEVER A THING. THAT WAS NEVER A DISCUSSION THAT WE HAD OUT LOUD.

MAYBE IN HER BRAIN WE DID, BUT IN REALITY, THOSE WORDS NEVER LEFT HER MOUTH.

I mean, I could use the money. Especially during this time of the year. Christmas presents aren't cheap.

BUT STILL!

A LITTLE HEADS UP.

HEADS UP OUTSIDE OF MY MOTHER'S HEAD WOULD'VE BEEN LOVELY.

LOVELY!

*deeply sighs and takes another sip of my tea*

Kids, friends, fellow readers of Wattpad, please DO confront your parents when there is lack of communication. Unlike me who's a coward scared of confrontation.

Also, please pardon my random use of all caps throughout the chapter (especially when trying to emphasize).

And remember, teach your parents, siblings and other members of your family the concept of COMM 👏 UN 👏 IC 👏 ATI 👏 ON.

EDIT

It's the next day. I told her that I thought their trip was the week before Christmas, hoping to get answers. She completely ignored that topic and though out loud that she might've hurt her (my brother's fiance) feelings by forgetting (which how the hell??).

I told her that she did NOT tell me about it and he seems pretty damn confident that she did. She goes: "Let's just agree to disagree.". I have the best memory in this damn family.

In the sixth grade, my parents took me to a doctor in Seattle. She gave me three words to remember: rubberball, the color blue, liberty.

That was ten years ago.

If I could remember something from a FULL DECADE ago, I certainly would've remembered her telling me about dogsitting this weekend. Especially since I'd be anxious this whole time to get it done and over with.

Ugh. Moms.