Clickbaiting: Just Be Honest With Your Viewers

Clickbait.

We've all been victims.

A lot of YouTubers / YouTube couples clickbait and let me tell ya...

It gets SO FUCKING ANNOYING.

Since I lost my job a couple of years ago (thanks COVID. Thanks for effing up my life) I've been watching lots of YT videos. My fave channels are couple vlog channels like Jatie and Sam & Jess. But the thing about those couples is that they clickbait. Like a LOT.

Yesterday, Jatie posted a video:

They'd been fighting?

Yeah, bullshit. I knew the second I saw that thumbnail that it was clearly fucking bullshit. They're so happy together and romantic, it actually makes me sick. The man (Josh) is a professional MMA fighter and is fighting someone next week.

But getting into fights with EACH OTHER?? Clearly bullshit.

Now for Sam & Jess. Today's video:

Now, I haven't seen this video yet, but I can guarantee that this

Now, I haven't seen this video yet, but I can guarantee that this...IS A LOAD OF CRAP. Bullshit she's losing feelings for him. They'd posted a similar video with a similar thumbnail and title before that implied that Sam 'hasn't been treating her right'.

...

EFF THAT.

All he was saying was that he hasn't been a gentleman like opening the doors for her and stuff like that.

IT WASN'T LIKE HE HITS HER OR ANYTHING!!

They even posted a video a while back. I don't remember which one, but in that one, they mention that 'they wouldn't have to clickbait if we just watched their videos'.

The thing is...if you clickbait, no one's going to CONTINUE to watch your videos.

Let's say a first timer watches your videos and notices that the thumbnail and title had NOTHING to do with the actual video. They realize that they're one of those bullshitters or lie to get views (which is obviously not cool) and stop watching them.

Jatie has 3M subscribers.

Sam & Jess has 1M.

They already have so many subscribers that love their content. They don't NEED to clickbait.

I'M NOT SAYING THAT THOSE WITH WAY LESS VIEWS SHOULD GO DOWN THE CLICKBAITING ROUTE.

But viewers love it when you're HONEST with them.

For example, my Dysarthria book (subtle plug 😜). Of course half of it is fictional, but the part that's based off of me and my brain injury at birth, my struggles, my speech and physical appearance were all true. I could've taken the opportunity to make myself come off a perfect girl, but I was honest with my insecurities about my appearance.

Viewers / readers like that kind of honesty.

Thank you for listening!

DISCLAIMER-

The rights to the above thumbnails go to the rightful owners. They DO NOT belong to me.